Steering Rack refurb. - Skyline Owners Forum

Welcome to the SkylineOwners.Com website. We aim to provide you with the largest knowledgebase anywhere on the internet for the Nissan Skyline.


Go Back   Skyline Owners Forum > G35/350GT Forum > General 350/g35


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 11-01-2016, 07:21 PM   #1
Seasoned Member
 
Drives: 350GT (2005)
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: UK
Posts: 105
Club ID#: 26262


Trade Feedback: (0)


View My Pictures
Thumbs up Steering Rack refurb.

Need to get my steering rack refurbished, any recommendations on places to try?

Or if anyone knows of any 350's being scrapped?

pepsi..
pepsimcloud is offline   Reply With Quote Share on facebook
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 13-01-2016, 01:13 PM   #2
Seasoned Member
 
original_sid4u's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 234
Club ID#: 33914


Trade Feedback: (0)


View My Pictures
Quote:
Originally Posted by pepsimcloud View Post
Need to get my steering rack refurbished, any recommendations on places to try?

Or if anyone knows of any 350's being scrapped?

pepsi..
Hi mate i got my steering rack refurbed in birmingham. I think i paid around 90. I was trying to narrow down a knock noise so ended up replacing most bits. It wasnt the steering rack at the end.

do you have anything specifically wrong with your rack?
original_sid4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2016, 04:41 PM   #3
Seasoned Member
 
vangeezer's Avatar
 
Drives: R34 GTT
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Somerset
Posts: 1,714
Club ID#: 31616

Country Flag

Trade Feedback: (3)


View My Pictures
I've just sent my power steering pump off to jelly bray steering in Cornwall. I spoke to the chap a few days back he seemed very genuine and was very reassuring that it would be properly flow tested and repaired etc with a year no quibbles warranty

Family owned business too.

Just google search them they repair steering racks too but would pay to phone him the bloke is called Len
__________________
Oo_____oO

My project thread so far...
https://www.skylineowners.com/forum/s...d.php?t=196982
vangeezer is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Old 13-01-2016, 05:37 PM   #4
Seasoned Member
 
Drives: 350GT (2005)
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: UK
Posts: 105
Club ID#: 26262


Trade Feedback: (0)


View My Pictures
Quote:
Originally Posted by original_sid4u View Post
Hi mate i got my steering rack refurbed in birmingham. I think i paid around 90. I was trying to narrow down a knock noise so ended up replacing most bits. It wasnt the steering rack at the end.

do you have anything specifically wrong with your rack?
I have an annoying knock coming from the car. Mechanic assures me it the steering rack.

pepsi..
pepsimcloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2016, 10:07 PM   #5
Seasoned Member
 
original_sid4u's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 234
Club ID#: 33914


Trade Feedback: (0)


View My Pictures
I would advise to do a thorough check to confirm. I had went through 3 different mechanics, kwik fit shaker plates lookong and inspecting my car when i had a knock noise all giving me different diagnosis and opinions. I ended replacing many bits but did the check myself properly to find the root cause

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk
original_sid4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-2016, 06:37 PM   #6
Seasoned Member
 
Drives: 350GT (2005)
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: UK
Posts: 105
Club ID#: 26262


Trade Feedback: (0)


View My Pictures
Quote:
Originally Posted by original_sid4u View Post
I would advise to do a thorough check to confirm. I had went through 3 different mechanics, kwik fit shaker plates lookong and inspecting my car when i had a knock noise all giving me different diagnosis and opinions. I ended replacing many bits but did the check myself properly to find the root cause

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk
What did u find to be your problem?
pepsimcloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-2016, 07:09 PM   #7
Seasoned Member
 
original_sid4u's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 234
Club ID#: 33914


Trade Feedback: (0)


View My Pictures
Upper and lower ball joints on passenger side front lower control arm.

Sent from my Lenovo YT3-X50F using Tapatalk
original_sid4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On




All times are GMT +1. The time now is 12:31 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright ©2002 - 2019, Verticalscope Inc.