Suspension springs - Skyline Owners Forum

Welcome to the SkylineOwners.Com website. We aim to provide you with the largest knowledgebase anywhere on the internet for the Nissan Skyline.

Go Back   Skyline Owners Forum > G35/350GT Forum > General 350/g35

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 27-06-2016, 11:10 PM   #1
Seasoned Member

Club ID#: 49597

Trade Feedback: (0)

View My Pictures
Suspension springs

Hi guys ive fitted a set of meister type s on my 03 350gt and find the springs too soft so i get body roll so much that the slip comes on whilst cornering at speed what springs are u guys using any recommendations
finno85 is offline   Reply With Quote Share on facebook
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 28-06-2016, 12:14 AM   #2
Seasoned Member

Drives: Infiniti G35 (US spec)
Club ID#: 47524

Country Flag

View My Pictures
Hey Finno, do you happen to know the spring rates of the Meisters that you are using? I believe OEM is in the 300-375 range for front and rear. I was using 350Z H-techs for a few years and I really liked the slight drop that I had with just a bit more stiffness over OEM. I always had some traction issues going around corners above 60mph ever since I made changes to my suspension and added my wider wheels. I read that when you put wider wheels on these cars, it can get funny with the traction control kicking in. Well, that is what i used to think. Basically, I did not have the best alignment for years. It drove fine and seemed to ride well, but around corners over 60mph, my slip light kicked in everytime.

I added a new Tanabe suspension and made more changes so I needed a new alignment. This time, it was completely screwed. Had +10 on the rear on one side and -10 on the other. These people were really incompetent to say the least. I ended up taking it to Horsham and now the car drives unbelievably well. Had a proper alignment done to 350Z specs and the traction control hasn't kicked in once around a corner going above 80mph. Car handles extremely well. I've read on other sites that if our cars are dropped a 350z spec might be better since the Z is a half inch lower to begin with. Not sure if that is a good reason or not, but my car drives very well now. That being said I do have after sways, end links, and SPC camber kit so that does help too. Long story short, it may just be an alignment issue. The Nissan mechanic couldn't get my car as much into spec as Horsham did. Hope that helps.
Hiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-2016, 08:15 PM   #3
Seasoned Member

Drives: 350 GT
Club ID#: 30661

View My Pictures
Quote:
Originally Posted by finno85 View Post
Hi guys ive fitted a set of meister type s on my 03 350gt and find the springs too soft so i get body roll so much that the slip comes on whilst cornering at speed what springs are u guys using any recommendations
Should've bought type R mate - mine still for sale ;)
OJAY is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 17-07-2016, 12:52 AM   #4
Seasoned Member

Drives: 350GT
Club ID#: 21726

Country Flag

View My Pictures
Quote:
Originally Posted by OJAY View Post
Should've bought type R mate - mine still for sale ;)

How much they going for and what shape are they in? I.e. Have they 10km BUT in London -speedbump Mecca- lol
Old 28-07-2016, 08:28 PM   #5
Seasoned Member

Drives: 350 GT
Club ID#: 30661

View My Pictures
Sorry SickRick, missed this post....

In the for sale section https://www.skylineowners.com/forum/3...coilovers.html
OJAY is offline   Reply With Quote