Mishimoto 350z radiator and fan in the 350gt? - Skyline Owners Forum

Welcome to the SkylineOwners.Com website. We aim to provide you with the largest knowledgebase anywhere on the internet for the Nissan Skyline.

Go Back   Skyline Owners Forum > G35/350GT Forum > General 350/g35

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 22-01-2017, 03:38 PM   #1
Seasoned Member

Drives: 350GT
Club ID#: 21726

Country Flag

Trade Feedback: (0)

View My Pictures
Mishimoto 350z radiator and fan in the 350gt?

Hi guys,

Some of you may remember I posted about needing parts cause I had a tap😓.

Booked in to get them all fitted on Tuesday and suddenly I got a funny humming noise from the bay and my engine was hot so I checked it out, sounded like the fan was pushing something so I physically pulled it back to see and the noise stopped. Figured that will be solved when I get the new landing panel in and it's sitting in the right place again as it is a bit pushed up from the bump, very carefully took my car home (luckily was only 5mins down the road).

Had a proper look and noticed firstly one of the brackets has snapped for my fan so I guess new fan completely? Or scrap yard for just the plastic shroud? noticed radiator has fluid around the top of it and looks like I got some fluid pooling in my undertray. Popped in Radweld topped up coolant, seemed to of done the job I had a little bit of weak white smoke which I assume was because of the coolant/radiator issue as it went away after a few mins. Continued to run the car to make 30mins, fans came on no extra noise everything fine.
When I turned the car off, the radiator was hissing and steam was coming out though, wondering if this most likely to mean I need to replace my radiator or could it be pipes? It seemed like the steam was coming from the actual radiator to me.

If you've got any input I would be very grateful, at the moment my plan is obviously keep the car off the road, order new sexy mishimoto fan and radiator and get them in with all the other stuff by next Tuesday. Oh and possibly cry whilst driving a rental 1.2 fiat 500 for a few days luckily I'm in Manchester for work thursday-sunday.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Advertisement

Old 22-01-2017, 10:39 PM   #2
Seasoned Member

Drives: Nissan skyline 350gt
Club ID#: 78370

View My Pictures
Good luck with the Radweld!
I bought a s type jag a few years, a few days later I found a small hole in the radiator. Then the heater stopped working. Found out the last owner used Radweld (the bottle was in the boot) and the only thing it blocked up was the heater matrix!
A new rad, heater matrix and 450 later and all working fine.
57jam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2017, 10:38 AM   #3
Seasoned Member

Country Flag

View My Pictures
That's worrying, although I've not driven it sine and I won't be until I take it to garage about 2miles down the road to get new radiator in so hopefully won't have any issues.

I think I'm just gonna get the 350z radiator as I can get it quicker, cheaper & it's thinner. Plus they don't make 350gt fans so I'd have to adjust the fan to fit whereas I've read that the 350z radiator can be mounted on the ac condenser mounting points and then I won't have a problem with a 350z fan.

Last edited by SlickRick; 23-01-2017 at 10:41 AM.
SlickRick is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 23-01-2017, 10:39 AM   #4
Seasoned Member

Country Flag

View My Pictures
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlickRick View Post
That's worrying, although I've not driven it sine and I won't be until I take it to garage about 2miles down the road to get new radiator in so hopefully won't have any issues.

I think I'm just gonna get the 350z radiator as I can get it quicker, cheaper & it's thinner. Plus they don't make 350gt fans so I'd have to adjust the fan to fit whereas I've read that the 350z radiator can be mounted on the ac condenser mounting points

An then the fan will be fine with the matching radiator

Old 24-01-2017, 09:57 PM   #5
Seasoned Member

Drives: Infiniti G35 (US spec)
Club ID#: 47524

Country Flag

View My Pictures
Hey Slick,

If I'm reading correctly, you want to get a 350Z radiator right? I went down this road years ago and as though most things from the Z are compatible, this part is not. Everything lines up except the top mounting pins and the radiator cap is on the other side. I had to have a custom plate made and welded to the radiator to get a 350Z radiator fit in my G35. I'm sure your engine bay in the 350Gt is the same as my G35. Just thought you might want to know before you decide to buy or not. There is a guy on the 350Z uk forums that breaks 350Gts and can get you what you need a believe. I can't remember his name though. It might be Alex, but I'm not sure. I'll see if I can find out though.
Hiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2017, 10:50 PM   #6
Seasoned Member

Drives: 370 gt type s
Club ID#: 44526

Country Flag

View My Pictures
have you tried tarmac sportz , even if they don't have one they can source one for you,
if your on zed forum then zmanalex breaks zeds and gt's worth a go if you get stuck....
Whitevanman69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2017, 10:52 PM   #7
Seasoned Member

Country Flag

View My Pictures
I read that the radiator does not line up but you can use long bolts to put it in via the ac condenser mounting holes and use the hose for the 350z kit.

Here's a pic of them both inside a g35 bay, the zip cables are temporary

Old 06-02-2017, 03:57 PM   #8
Seasoned Member

Country Flag

View My Pictures
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitevanman69 View Post
have you tried tarmac sportz , even if they don't have one they can source one for you,
if your on zed forum then zmanalex breaks zeds and gt's worth a go if you get stuck....
Sorry missed this, but I'd already purchased the parts direct from mishimoto at this point anyway.

Parts are in, mech chose not to use the ac mounts for the radiator in the end, can't remember why but I'm picking the car up in about 30mins so I'll get the full lowdown then.