coupla quick snaps after my long afternoon Garstang drive out yesterday - Skyline Owners Forum

Welcome to the SkylineOwners.Com website. We aim to provide you with the largest knowledgebase anywhere on the internet for the Nissan Skyline.

Go Back   Skyline Owners Forum > All Media > The Photograpy Section

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 13-08-2012, 05:45 PM   #1
Seasoned Member

Drives: erm nowt right now :/
Club ID#: 8089

Trade Feedback: (31)

View My Pictures
coupla quick snaps after my long afternoon Garstang drive out yesterday

so was on my way to the dropzone yday morning. took off at 9.15.. got to DZ at 10am... only to find they'd called it a day and sent everyone home as it was way too windy and set for the day. Gutted... not jumped in over a month - was really looking forward to it.

sooooo... not being one to waste a good bit of weather and erm... the fact that i'm in the middle of the countryside amidst some amaaaazzzzziiiinnnng B-roads i thought what the heck and decided to spend a tank of juice biffing the car around the area. Had an absolutely epic time just chasing bikers and realilsing just how well set up the car is now with all the suspension and handling modifications. Not to mention BUCKETS of power - spent the whole drive in low boost because hitting 1.4 is just too savage and fast for my noob-driver self!

One thing i did notice is my oil heats up quite quickly if biffed - 110 degrees (warning set to 120). At 100 degrees tho man-oh-man the turbo kicks in SO quick - combination of nice slick hot oil and hot manifold. It flies and scared the pants off me more often than not with its acceleration out the corners.

Did get to do a bit of bike worrying. Was quite funny as i passed them a good few times yday morning. When i decided to head home i thought i'd stop at a small sandwich/tea/coffee van for a cuppa. the same 20 bikers were parked up. Soon as i pulled up they were laughing saying that at one point they overtook a small car, hoofed it then looked at one another in complete confusion as all they could hear was some insanely epic snarl! Then they saw my little red datsun in their rears and were quite surprised to not be able to lose me.. let alone hear it over their own bikes hehehe!

Only downside is tyres are low so was feeling the grip limits and as said if pushed the temps would climb quick on the oil so i think a 19 row oil cooler should help maintain the oil temps - probably my next modification. That and some new tyres.

top afternoon out and i think i should try and organise a NW/midlands meet and we all go and tootle around those roads!

https://www.skylineowners.com/forum/s...d.php?t=204573

Last edited by anthonymcgrath; 13-08-2012 at 05:48 PM.
anthonymcgrath is offline   Reply With Quote Share on facebook
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 13-08-2012, 09:36 PM   #2

Drives: a car with four wheels :)
Club ID#: 18856

Country Flag

Trade Feedback: (0)

View My Pictures
Can i be your passenger if you got a drive organised

Great pictures
x.laura.x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2012, 09:50 PM   #3
... is modifying the driver

Drives: Evo 3
Club ID#: 16122

Country Flag

Trade Feedback: (23)

View My Pictures
you have an oil pressure gauge fitted Ant if your oil is getting that hot it will thin out a bit - oil cooler is a good idea though

Link to my SO.COM track day R33 GTST build thread
Link to my Karting site
psmurphy is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 13-08-2012, 10:25 PM   #4
Seasoned Member

View My Pictures
Oil pressure were good all afternoon mate.. no issue there.. good oil in the ol gal regular changes etc etc. just gets hot so an oil cooler is a good idea methinks. possibly japspeed one?

@Laura cool

Tis an ace place to drive tho.. well impressed. seen some cool stuff including an old sierra cosworth rs500 ...pure smut

anthonymcgrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2012, 10:28 PM   #5

Country Flag

View My Pictures
Quote:
Originally Posted by anthonymcgrath View Post
Oil pressure were good all afternoon mate.. no issue there.. good oil in the ol gal regular changes etc etc. just gets hot so an oil cooler is a good idea methinks. possibly japspeed one?

@Laura cool

Tis an ace place to drive tho.. well impressed. seen some cool stuff including an old sierra cosworth rs500 ...pure smut
goodo which roads are they?

Link to my Karting site
Old 13-08-2012, 10:33 PM   #6
Seasoned Member

View My Pictures
Dunno names.. will check tomorrow.. basically turn off at j33 m6 then follow your nose heh. there's so many!

anthonymcgrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2012, 10:46 PM   #7

Country Flag

View My Pictures
Run out around those roads being organised here...

https://www.skylineowners.com/forum/s...d.php?t=188838

Link to my Karting site