Lancaster over Peterborough - Skyline Owners Forum

Welcome to the SkylineOwners.Com website. We aim to provide you with the largest knowledgebase anywhere on the internet for the Nissan Skyline.

Go Back   Skyline Owners Forum > All Media > The Photograpy Section

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 12-05-2013, 05:54 PM   #1
Seasoned Member

Drives: R33 GTST
Club ID#: 17167

Country Flag

Trade Feedback: (0)

View My Pictures
Lancaster over Peterborough

Nothing to do with cars this one lol.

The Lancaster bomber of the BBMF took to the skies this morning and made a flypast over Eye village near Peterborough - i'm not sure if it was part of The Dambusters 70th Anniversary "tour", but was great to see it whatever the reason.

952A0442 by Gary Smithdale, on Flickr

I was only expecting a single pass, but she made 3 passes in total at low altitude.
gaz_r33 is offline   Reply With Quote Share on facebook
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-05-2013, 09:54 PM   #2
Everybody knows that the bird is the word

Drives: R32 GTS-t
Club ID#: 23737

Country Flag

View My Pictures
Nice pic
I bet that bomber is a lot bigger than it looks in the pic lol
"I believe that only scientists can understand the universe. It is not so much that I have confidence in scientists being right, but that I have so much in nonscientists being wrong." - Isaac Asimov
The Great White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 10:07 PM   #3
Super Moderator

Drives: Skyline 350GT 6 speed
Club ID#: 5836

Trade Feedback: (1)

View My Pictures
Nice! we get a lot of low jets and dogfighting up here in Kings Lynn, unfortunately we only get an occasional glimpse of something old and interesting.

Originally posted The Great White

"Nissan is like Lego"
Tricky-Ricky is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-05-2013, 10:22 PM   #4
Seasoned Member

Drives: r33 gtst spec2/TL1000
Club ID#: 15324

Country Flag

Trade Feedback: (6)

View My Pictures
Great pic.
L33VRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-2013, 01:16 AM   #5
Lincolnshire Area Rep

Area Rep

Drives: A Silver one.
Club ID#: 12835

Country Flag

Trade Feedback: (1)

View My Pictures
Taken from the BBMF website.

BY KIND PERSMISSION OF SEVERN TRENT WATER the RAF Battle of Britain Memorial Flight and 617 Sqn are planning to carry out a flypast on Thursday 16th May over the iconic twin towers of the Derwent Reservoir, recreating history as we commemorate the 70th anniversary of the Dambusters. The aircraft will pass overhead the reservoir between 1300 and 1315 (local time) – 3 passes by the RAF BBMF and 2 by the GR4’s of 617 Sqn.

GENERAL PUBLIC

There will be no events on the ground and there are no tickets being issued. The aircraft will continue to carry out a flypast at Chatsworth – at 1320 (local time) this is an excellent viewing area for the general public as there are facilities in place for parking and spectators wishing to photograph the aircraft. Standard car parking charges of 3.00 will apply - WWII veterans will be exempt from car parking charges, with kind permission from Chatsworth.

These flypasts will form part of several events taking place across the country – culminating in a commemorative service at Lincoln Cathedral on Friday 17th May.
endallwar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-2013, 01:43 PM   #6
Seasoned Member

Drives: R33 GTST
Club ID#: 17167

Country Flag

View My Pictures
Thank you for your comments

I found out about the flypast on the BBMF website and tried to find a suitable place to stand for pics........turns out the footbridge over the A47 was ideal as it flew pretty much overhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by endallwar View Post
Taken from the BBMF website.

BY KIND PERSMISSION OF SEVERN TRENT WATER the RAF Battle of Britain Memorial Flight and 617 Sqn are planning to carry out a flypast on Thursday 16th May over the iconic twin towers of the Derwent Reservoir, recreating history as we commemorate the 70th anniversary of the Dambusters. The aircraft will pass overhead the reservoir between 1300 and 1315 (local time) 3 passes by the RAF BBMF and 2 by the GR4s of 617 Sqn.

GENERAL PUBLIC

There will be no events on the ground and there are no tickets being issued. The aircraft will continue to carry out a flypast at Chatsworth at 1320 (local time) this is an excellent viewing area for the general public as there are facilities in place for parking and spectators wishing to photograph the aircraft. Standard car parking charges of 3.00 will apply - WWII veterans will be exempt from car parking charges, with kind permission from Chatsworth.

These flypasts will form part of several events taking place across the country culminating in a commemorative service at Lincoln Cathedral on Friday 17th May.
And this is where I will be on Thursday - hoping to get to Derwent Reservoir so I can photograph the plane flying over the dam wall, between the towers.....if I get any decent pics i'll share them here too.
gaz_r33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-2013, 11:09 AM   #7
Anglian Area Rep

Area Rep

Drives: E92 M3, F30 m-sport, 64 moggy turbo pickup :)
Club ID#: 13176

Trade Feedback: (5)

View My Pictures
it flew past pod too