Advice for using Dinitrol - Skyline Owners Forum

Welcome to the SkylineOwners.Com website. We aim to provide you with the largest knowledgebase anywhere on the internet for the Nissan Skyline.

Go Back   Skyline Owners Forum > Skyline Torque > Detailing

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 20-08-2013, 06:57 PM   #1
Seasoned Member

Drives: R33 GTST, Mazda 3 & Volvo V40
Club ID#: 11494

Country Flag

Trade Feedback: (0)

View My Pictures
Advice for using Dinitrol

Right then.. After looking at my options on undersealing i have decided i will have a go myself. First i looked at POR-15 and then decided on Dinitrol.

Anyway i was wondering what to get. The kits they have on their website are either for use with an air compressor or in the form of an aerosol.

Since i don't own an air compressor i was wondering if anyone has experience using the aerosol kit.

I will be buying an air compressor at some point but wanted to get cracking with the underseal as i don't have much time.

Also does anyone know if i can just do a section at a time or if i have to do it all in one sitting?

Thanks
E5_ARW is offline   Reply With Quote Share on facebook
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 21-08-2013, 03:19 AM   #2

Drives: nissan skyline r32 gtst
Club ID#: 23413

Country Flag

View My Pictures
Never used it in aerosol but used it once on the compresser, we did the archs first and then did the underbody at a later date and was fine.

What we did was cleaned any loose bits off and keyed the old shultz then cavity waxed all the shultz and chassis etc etc, then shultz over that. Not sure was it the right way but it worked

also you can email dinitrol themselves and they are very helpful on how to use there products and guides word of warning though, be sure and cover anything you don't want shultz'd , it's very sticky

AKA killer r32

Link to my VW build below check it out HERE

Connacht bi monthly meets HERE
(KILLER R32) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-08-2013, 02:28 PM   #3
Seasoned Member

Drives: R33 GTST, Mazda 3 & Volvo V40
Club ID#: 11494

Country Flag

View My Pictures
Ah right ok. Well I plan on doing the arches and then the underside at a later date. Ill have a read up and see what info I can find.

Does it need to be rust free to use or will it contain it?

Also the reason I originally decided on POR-15 was because it can be brushed on
E5_ARW is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-09-2013, 10:56 AM   #4
Seasoned Member

Drives: R33 GTS 4 Door
Club ID#: 30690

Country Flag

View My Pictures
I've used the hammerite stuff in aerosol in the past. Waxoil underseal and stonechip. Goes on quite nice and easy, but I found the cans clogged a bit if they were left. I warmed the cans up a bit and used a full can at a time.

I wasn't looking for a perfect finish, just a bit of winter protection, so I wire brushed the loose stuff off and gave it a good wash, then just sprayed away. Lasted quite well, but I did notice a little surface rust managing to creep through on chasssis members after around 6 months (and a really harsh winter).
Col 4 Door is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 01:47 PM   #5
seasoned member

Club ID#: 26294

Trade Feedback: (2)

View My Pictures
I've just bought stone chip it comes with 3 1l tins and a spray gun that attaches to a compressor I have already used the white to seal all the new welds I have done on the front I will be using the black on the underside and rear suspension arms. It goes on very easy and the nozzles are fully adjustable
rarche2002 is offline   Reply With Quote