I just installed my front speakers today and thought I'd show my version of a How-To. If the mods would like to keep it as a start or as a sticky, it would be fine with me.
Alright, for the Driver Door:
There's one screw in the door panel where you grab it to close it:
And Three screws at the bottom of the door panel:
Lightly pull at the sides to unsnap the plastic clips. You should be able to pull it up and out. A problem that I ran into and was able to get through it unscathed was that the actual grab handle (viewed from the inside of the panel)
sat inside of this bracket attached to the actual door:
What I did was while trying to lift the door panel up and out, I pulled on the grab handle to try and get it out of the bracket. It worked. Later I just removed the entire piece and reinstalled it after the panel was on.
At this point your door should look like this:
I didn't get the rest of the screws that hold the speaker bracket on, but there are four that hold it in place. The four that you see here, hold the speaker in the bracket.
Remove the speaker and install your aftermarket one. I had to cut these aligning studs off. (Sorry for the blurriness)
Here is my 6.5" Kenwood 1690ie in the bracket. Slipped right in.
Then just reverse the process of removing the door panel.
As far as the Passenger door:
Here are the screw locations on this door panel:
After removing the screws, actually removing the panel is the same as the driver side with the exceptiong of the "cup grab handle". That piece actually comes out as opposed to sitting in a bracket.
As far as the wiring, I crimped my own terminals to the stock wiring because the wiring that came with the speakers were the same size as the stock wires. In case you get confused as to which wire is positive, the actual plug has a + and - sign on it.
On both speakers, I surrounded the speakers with some deadening tape to keep the sound/air going where it's supposed to. It's not completey deadened though. To completely deaden the door, you will need to get some deadening sheets and cover all the holes on the door. I chose not to do that in case I need to change the window regulator or glass at some point.
All in all, the installation went pretty well. Took me a good two and a half hours since I was going slow so that I won't break anything.