Other trades.... - Skyline Owners Forum

Welcome to the SkylineOwners.Com website. We aim to provide you with the largest knowledgebase anywhere on the internet for the Nissan Skyline.

Go Back   Skyline Owners Forum > General forum upkeep > Suggestions

Suggestions Suggestions for the forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 06-02-2008, 07:13 PM   #1
Seasoned Member

Drives: R33 gtst
Club ID#: 8248

Trade Feedback: (3)

View My Pictures
Other trades....

As we are one big happy community why do we not have a little section in here where members can advertise there services to other members, bit like a yellow pages? Not as a trader but as a service.

So if you were a builder, plumber, brick layer, plasterer (you get the idea) then you can let others know and maybe help each other out? Free advertising yes but at the same time offering a service which members may want, need or be grateful for..

Just a thought and I am sure there is a very good reason for not having this which I am sure you will point out..
coops1 is offline   Reply With Quote Share on facebook
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-02-2008, 07:57 PM   #2
Seasoned Member

Club ID#: 6924

Country Flag

Trade Feedback: (6)

View My Pictures
its a bit of an awkward one...if we let that happen and then a job done for another member there is nothing i can do about it, whereas if a paying trader does a bad service i can step in and pull some strings, and then we may attract so many other trades to jump on the band wagon and see it as a free site to advertise business, we have nearly 3,000 active members here per month so it would be to someones advantage to advertise for free and this in turn will na doubt attract some shady people....maybe start a thread with "what i do for a profession" maybe and we can advise in the right direction....

Old 06-02-2008, 08:38 PM   #3
Seasoned Member

Drives:
Club ID#: 9478

Country Flag

Trade Feedback: (6)

View My Pictures
A good idea in theory but as Keith says could easily get out of control. I did start a thread a while back similar to what you suggest titled Members helping members..... ......https://www.skylineowners.com/forum/s...elping+members

Cheers

www.TrackScotland.co.uk
www.Knockhill.com

www.JAPSPEED.com
MrScottish is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-02-2008, 09:07 PM   #4
Seasoned Member

Drives: R33 gtst
Club ID#: 8248

Trade Feedback: (3)

View My Pictures
Cool, I see where you are coming from. Why is it the scum out there always seem to spoil it for everyone else.
coops1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 12:17 AM   #5
Seasoned Member

Drives: White '98 ER34 RB25DET NEO GT-t
Club ID#: 12362

Country Flag

Trade Feedback: (12)

View My Pictures
I like this idea. Not so much the whole advertise your services to make money off it idea but moreso what you can do to help people with their cars like.

Like see hesh, he paints people's rocker covers for the price of the materials and nothing else. He's pretty good at it too. R33per's always one to lend a hand if you're car's giving bother, he's a good mechanic so he could tell you in seconds what a chancer would take hours to figure out. Wookie's just a fountain of knowledge, good with nissan fast, etc. etc.

Am only scratching the surface here but you get my meaning? A thread/sticky where people would post up what they could actually help you with and that sort of stuff. Not so much the "I'm a sparks I can wire your house for a good price" approach, you know??
Old 08-02-2008, 01:29 PM   #6
Seasoned Member

Drives: skyline r33 gtst
Club ID#: 9087

Trade Feedback: (2)

View My Pictures
hi guy i kidda get what ur trying to do, SO if can help any of you by getting you really cheap prices for vauxhall parts! and get them next day! so give me a pm if can help i guess this is what you guys was after?

cheers paul
skyline69 is offline   Reply With Quote