Hello, my name is Mat.
I bought my Skyline (Black R33 GTST Spec 2) off Pete Bailey (Skyline Boy) a few months ago and have been spending time getting it how I like it before putting it on the road in the coming few months, so I thought I would set up a thread of my progress.
Pete has done an amazing job over the years of transforming the car from standard into a drag car as the following spec shows (see my signature for Petes build thread).
I will be using the car as my daily drive though and as more of a car than a drag machine so currently doing things like re-installing a rear wiper, 6 point apex cage coming out, interior back in, radio back in, aswell as other little bits. Car will also be having a paint job this year as Im really into keeping my cars looking nice.
Im looking forward to a trip to the Nurburgring in it this summer, getting to Santa Pod a few times I expect and getting to a few meets in the South East
Current Spec: -
- HKS air filter
- HKS ssqv bov
- Gt3582r fitted, with jacket
- Hybrid racing manifold - New Zealand made, steam pipe, not Chinese crap!
- Goodridge braided oil and water lines for turbo
- Custom made down pipe/elbow
- Japspeed strut brace
- Japspeed short shifter kit
- Japspeed 52mm alu rad
- Japspeed lower strut brace
- Japspeed engine damper kit
- Custom 3inch intercooler pipework, with Japspeed GTR style intercooler
- Blitz Nur Spec R exhaust
- D1 spec fuel pressure regulator with braided hose
- Detushwerks 300 fuel pump
- 1000cc RC injectors.
- Turbosmart 50mm progate, external wastegate
- Mocal 19 row oil cooler
- Link G4 ecu with launch control
- Polished bits under the bonnet including fuel rail and injector caps
- Alloy catch tan
- EFL CAS cover
- EFL power steering cover + lid
- EFL brake reservoir cover + lid
- EFL radiator supports
- EFL coolant bottle cover
- Spec R fusebox cover
- Knight Racer carbon fibre coilpack cover
- EP Racing carbon fibre cam gear cover
- Braided fuel hose to fuel rail
- Braided fuel to catch tank and breather
- HKS rad cap
- NGK iridiuim plugs
- SFS silicon hoses, breather set and coolant set.
- Polished cam covers
- Rota Drift Grid in white 18 x 8.5 on the front, 18 x 9.5 on the rears
- Do Luck braided brake hoses all round
- Exedy twin plate carbon clutch
- SP Autos 26mm rear anti roll bar
- SuperFlex drop link poly bushes
- SuperFlex ARB poly bushes
- Superflex adjustable front camber bushes.
- New drop links.
- Apex adjustable rear camber arms
- Cusco hicas lockout kit.
- Tein lowering springs
- Line lock kit.
- R32 gtr alloys with Hoosier drag tyres.
- Do Luck body kit
- Knight Racer Spec 2 Nismo carbon fibre bonnet.
- Knight Racer aero catches
- Knight Racer Spec 2 front splitter
- EP Racing carbon fibre boot
- Carbon grill.
- One off drag spoiler.
- Ganador wing mirrors
- Vented and wider front wings
- Nismo smoked side repeaters
- HID kit
- Tinted windows
- Leather with red stiching; arm rest, gearstick gaitor and handbrake gaitor
- Massive 5' tacho on dash
- Stereo removed.
- Carbon fibre panel installed with boost switch, line lock and launch control.
- R32 gtr front seats with 4 point LUKE harnesses.
- Carbon dash surround (I think it is the one that came with some GTR's as an extra)
- AEM air/fuel ratio gauge linked to ecu.
- Autometer 52mm oil pressure, oil temp gauge.
- Prosport 2bar boost gauge.
- Sound deadening removed
- Momo steering wheel and boss