Skyline Owners Forum banner

£1k for mods on GTST - what will it get me?

812 views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  Bruce-m 
G
#1 ·
Hi all,

After having my GTS-T for nearly a year it is about time I treated it to some mods to increase performance. The car is currently standard except for an Apexi induction kit.

What mods & power(bhp) can I realistically expect for £1000 ???

Your recommendations welcome!

#2 ·
uprates fuel pump, JAPSPEED decat and exhaust, safcII, boost controller and set up and you will get around 300 bhp i reckon and if you can stretch some more get a JAPSPEED front mount intercooler

#4 ·
I'd go;
1) Japspeed Downpipe
2) Ebay De-cat
3) Japspeed Cat back system
4) Greddy Profec B boost controller set up to 0.80bar
5) Apex-i SAFC set up

#5 · (Edited)
Turbo elbow, downpipe, decat and cat back exhaust system (all JAPSPEED cause cheap and good!), Apexi AVC-R boost controller, Apexi SAFC II (if not available go for NEO) and a decent set of NGK iridium plugs. Book in 1 hour on the rollers for setting the whole stuff up and there you go :devil:

If still some money left, which I don´t think will be, a FMIC, Z32 AFM or uprated fuel system would be good. Also you might need new coilpacks (best go for Splitfire ones) cause your stock ones will more than likely start to struggle with all these mods. :cheers:

G
#7 ·
Many thanks peeps for your replies.

It suprises me that so much equipment will provide only a small peformance gain (50bhp or so) :confused:

Anyway here is my proposed shopping list so far:

- HKS hi power silent exhaust (like the sound)
- HKS down pipe
- Ebay de-cat
- Apexi SAFC
- Greddy Profec B boost controller
- Walboro fuel pump
- NGK iridium plugs
- Splitfire coil packs
- Red stuff brake pads (front & back)

I guess I'm looking at about £1250+ for all of the above by the time I have paid for fitting, mapping etc.

Basically want to get as much done as possible in one go.

Is it worth getting a turbo elbow, and Front mount intercooler at this stage?
What about ECU upgrade?

#8 ·
You'd save money by going for a Japspeed combined turbo elbow/downpipe and they're stuff is top notch. If the budget allows I'd definitely get their FMIC too. I've basically got a similar list but I'm not bothering with fuel pump/fpr until I'm upping the power with a hybrid turbo.

I've also gone for Ferodo DS2500's at the front, keeping the standard pads on the back.

I have opted for a Power FC (I bought this ages ago before prices went silly) but I'm sure using the SAFC is a recommended place to start.

#9 · (Edited)
Having mine set up with a safc2 I wish i had waited to get a POWER FC OR EMANAGE ULTIMATE AND PAY 1 LOT OF MAPPING.

Yes you would need bigger injectors and a bigger AFM but your standard ecu can handle 1 bar anyway.

:dogpile:

#10 ·
Bilbo your shopping list is spot on, altho as needforspeed said the japspeed downpipe is a lot cheaper and wont change the sound.

A front mount ic is worth it as it will increase the torque alot.

If your thinking at some point of getting a hybrid turbo i'd go straight to a Greddy e-manage you can get them off some forums or ebay for under £250.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.