Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys i blew a tyre today going to work i put the spave/temp wheel on and the abs,vdc and slip lights all have stayed on is that norm for this car or any help

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
And now im gunna take the opertunity to look.at getn some new ones so what brand type do u recommend ive got 19s on

·
Registered
134 Posts
Not sure about the ABS lights and such...TrickyRicky might be able to help out though. Maybe its just that you have 3 tires that are different sized compared to the spare. As far as tires go, I have Michelin All season 3s. I run many brands over the years as I've had my car since new in 2004 and I've got just over 211K miles now, and I would as long as you go with a reputable brand you will be fine. Also, it depends on your wheels and if you care about curb damage. I was using a Bridgestone Potenza and I feel like I have more protection with my Michelins. I remember some Avons I ran were pretty flat and did not run much protection either. I get my tires from tirerack.com, and I use there review section quite often. I stayed away from Dunlops as it seems the reviews were never really good for some reason. Hope that helps.

·
Super Moderator
8,968 Posts
The ABS sensors/STB ECU picks up on the tyres size difference and throws a wobbler, its the same when you fit wheel/tyre combinations that are not the expected, some seem to be more sensitive than others, you can try switching the stability control switch off and on a few times and see if that helps.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts