Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody else think that the 100 post count is a bit severe before your allowed to sell anything????

100 just seems alot of posts to have as really most people either sell on here or asking for help or technical information
If you are new and have just bought a skyline and nothing is wrong with the car It's going to take forever to gain 100 posts
But on the other hand you but a new skyline and it might have parts on which you would like to change but you can't sell on here.
Seems pritty daft rule
What is everybody's view
I'm sure this will get removed anyway.....

·
Anglian Area Rep
4,549 Posts
What you selling? lol
join in the community and you'll be amazed how quickly you can achieve your 100 posts.
By that i dont mean spam your way there but ask questions and join in the chat.
You'll learn more about your car and possibly meet like minded people that you can then meet in person at shows :)

·
Administrator
25,962 Posts
Does anybody else think that the 100 post count is a bit severe before your allowed to sell anything????

100 just seems alot of posts to have as really most people either sell on here or asking for help or technical information
If you are new and have just bought a skyline and nothing is wrong with the car It's going to take forever to gain 100 posts
But on the other hand you but a new skyline and it might have parts on which you would like to change but you can't sell on here.
Seems pritty daft rule
What is everybody's view
did you even use the search function?? if so you would have came across an almost identical thread more than a few times.

100 posts is not severe and its the rules so get used to it and YOU did agree to the rules when you signed up so i dont see why your moaning about it now.

·
Central Scotland Area Rep
2,447 Posts
100 post count is there to stop people getting ripped off and also to stop people coming on here to offload there spare parts for free

once you have been ripped of on a car forum you will understand why the 100 post rule is in place and why it will stay in place

·
Registered
5,311 Posts
If your not able legitimately post, not spam, to 100 posts, then go to ebay to sell.

Only genuine enthusiasts don't give a hoot regarding posts amount before selling, IMHO.

If you use the other skyline forum (the dark side) it would take a year to reach 100 posts. Lol

·
Seasoned Member
21,588 Posts
If your not able legitimately post, not spam, to 100 posts, then go to ebay to sell.

Only genuine enthusiasts don't give a hoot regarding posts amount before selling, IMHO.

If you use the other skyline forum (the dark side) it would take a year to reach 100 posts. Lol
what Hugh said, what i struggle with you always get the few that just cant accept the rules, is it that difficult? are we asking to much just to protect our members? in the past guys flogged dodgy parts and then disappeared with their hard earned cash, how would you feel if it happaned to you? im certain we would see a rant thread about what a shite site this is and how could we allow it?
there are other ways of selling youyr parts, i suggest you try them, just to clarify if you do try and sell before the 100 posts are amassed ill ban you
:)

·
Registered
230 Posts
just to clarify guys, i gave this guy an infraction for trying to sell his **** lol, be warned the door is already wedged open lol
Lol, if you can't be bothered to be an active member of the forum then why would anyone want to buy your stuff? 100 posts isn't hard to reach

But if you can't be bothered then Ebay is the place for you

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yous are all saying it stops you getting ripped off lol lol
What differance does it make if a member has over 100 posts does that mean they can't bump you?????????

·
Administrator
25,962 Posts
Yous are all saying it stops you getting ripped off lol lol
What differance does it make if a member has over 100 posts does that mean they can't bump you?????????
it still happens but by then other members know them and where they live and work and the such so peaple do visit

·
Super Moderator
8,968 Posts
I have 100 post. it did not take that long really.
And I hope you not about to place a lot of for sale posts as I am not impressed with the content of a lot of your posts...IE three words, in fact I may still remove them as spam!

·
Registered
119 Posts
currently plodding my way to 100 posts, don't have anything to sell anyway but in the future who knows! i'm no expert but i'm picking up some amazing information from the various gurus on here and hopefully one day i hope to share my knowledge with people just like myself!

·
Registered
4,050 Posts

Seems pritty daft rule

What is everybody's view

Not really no

1 - 20 of 29 Posts