Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
violence IS the answer!
1,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, i dont wanna sound like a spanner or owt but ive just bought a can of 10k boost spray additive, has anybody got any ideas where i would need to spray it? My engine is an RB25 DET. there are different ways of applying it for different engines, it says to spray it into the turbo inlet. which pipe goes to the inlet side of the turbo?

cheers very muchly guys! :boobies:

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
as i've never heard of it i assume the best thing to do would be spray it about ten feet away from your turbo til the can is empty then spend your cash on something better :D

·
violence IS the answer!
1,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
:dogpile: Thanx mate!

·
Track addict
4,907 Posts
i very much doubt that would make any difference to your engine whatsoever.

·
tdi power
13,297 Posts
how can you say it wont, its ment to clean the inside of your engine and may help a bit with emissions test. have you actually tried this chris?

·
violence IS the answer!
1,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just used it on mine after fooookin about with a pair of tights over the inlet cos i dint fancy sprayin it through my AFM! after reading and following all the destructions, id done it. now for the moment of truth.... set off, hit boost and i fooookin shat my pants! it started spluttering and a MAHOOOSIVE cloud of smoke came out of the exhaust! spluttered in second and third but as soon as i got to fourth it had cleared and the difference was noticable straight away! it runs a lot smoother and the throttle response felt a lot crisper. Well happy with my purchase. i recommend it!

·
tdi power
13,297 Posts
sounds all good then, and at only twenty quid it may help alot of people out come mot time.

·
Forum Thug
4,552 Posts
Just used it on mine after fooookin about with a pair of tights over the inlet cos i dint fancy sprayin it through my AFM! after reading and following all the destructions, id done it. now for the moment of truth.... set off, hit boost and i fooookin shat my pants! it started spluttering and a MAHOOOSIVE cloud of smoke came out of the exhaust! spluttered in second and third but as soon as i got to fourth it had cleared and the difference was noticable straight away! it runs a lot smoother and the throttle response felt a lot crisper. Well happy with my purchase. i recommend it!
Tights eh?:grinno:

·
violence IS the answer!
1,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ahhh yeah! im a part time bank robber me! lol. :boobies:

·
Administrator
14,725 Posts
Your meant to spray it into the turbo inlet just after the AFM so you dont damage this and it'll clean all your pipes, inlet manifold, valves etc.

I've used this on my pulsar, 306 D-turbo, Golf GTI mk2 8v + 16v, MK3 TDI, Alfa 156 clover leaf, and it definately always made a difference bt more so on the diesels and NA engines as i feel the boost on the pulsar kept everything clean anyways, but if your skyline has had a turbo blow or been driven fairly soft this stuff will work and make a difference.

·
Track addict
4,907 Posts
how can you say it wont, its ment to clean the inside of your engine and may help a bit with emissions test. have you actually tried this chris?
No i haven't, and i still wouldn't. I'm always doubtfull of ebay specials.
But thats just my opinion. I never said it wouldn't work, just that i had my doubts.

·
violence IS the answer!
1,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
It picks up a hell of a lot better in second third and fourth now! I didnt buy it off E-bay, i just used the link so people knew what it was.
I still recommend it though, but if you are gonna use it, make sure you put a pair of tights over the inlet when you take the AFM off otherwise it just keeps cutting out, then just cut a hole in the tights and sprey it through that!

·
Administrator
14,725 Posts
personally i use redex
Redex goes in the fuel system and wont clean out your turbo, boost pipes, inlet manifold etc

Redex is for valves, injectors etc

·
Administrator
14,725 Posts
It picks up a hell of a lot better in second third and fourth now! I didnt buy it off E-bay, i just used the link so people knew what it was.
I still recommend it though, but if you are gonna use it, make sure you put a pair of tights over the inlet when you take the AFM off otherwise it just keeps cutting out, then just cut a hole in the tights and sprey it through that!
All you need to do is quickly adjust your throttle cable so it idles higher.

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
Subsequent to reading a review on this and similar products I obtained some from www.Speeding.co.uk. I paid a bit more than £20 but it certainly works, you only had to watch the exhaust for a few minutes after adding it!

I wouldn't claim a 10bhp improvement but things certainly appeared sharper after treatment. How convinced am I?, well I'd use it again..and at £25 a can I think that's a fair recommendation.

Aitch

1 - 20 of 20 Posts