Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
GT-R dreamin'
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hellooo,

OK, I have just landed myself a tidy set of Rays SFR split rims :yum: :worshippy: for my R32 GTS...link here.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=170149992863&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT&ih=00

BUT, they are 2x 17"s and 2x 16" 8Js and was wondering what tyre combination I should use, and any other changes to setup I need to make. Or indeed anything I should beware of.

Cue lots of abuse :rofl: :screwy: :cya: :swear: asking WTF I went and bought mismatched rims, adversly affecting handling etc etc :sorry:

·
GT-R dreamin'
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
...or would locking off the HICAS be an idea??

·
confused.com
6,592 Posts
id hazard a guess that its "A bad thing" to put 16 front and 17 rear....and it will make the hicas odd. also do you have abs? unless youre lucky and can get an exact match in total circumference with tyres size youre gonna be doing different wheel rpm front and back which will probably play havoc with any wheel speed sensors, and interpret it as a slide etc.....

be very very careful.........

·
Registered
772 Posts
I can't see why Hicas should be affected, neither should ABS, I had different sized tyres on my MR2 and the ABS was fine, (215.40 front, 235.40 rear).

The only thing I can see thats likely to be a problem is the PCD, or is yours an NA, therefore 4 stud?

Alex B

·
GT-R dreamin'
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeh, 2.5 N\A with 4 studs (same as S13 oem wheels), but the main part of the question was the rim diameter...17" rears & 16" fronts. So would I need different profile tyres to equalize the rolling diameter for speedo, hicas etc?

·
GT-R dreamin'
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
sorry hesh, could'nt see your post 'til I replied to the last one?:confused:

·
Registered
344 Posts
Nice wheels mate, same as i got on mine :)

·
GT-R dreamin'
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
344 Posts
Mine are all 17's mate, 235/40/17 front, an 255/40/17 on the back i'm pretty sure. I'll confirm later when i finish work though. Mine could do with being refurbed though after seeing yours :)

·
Registered
344 Posts
Came like that from Japan the other week...on my list of to do's lol

1 - 12 of 12 Posts