Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
mph madness...
576 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

With bridgestone grid 2 tyres, one of which will need replaced due to front tracking

9" front and 10" rear

think the tyre sizes are 225/40/17 front and 255/40/17 rear

outer lips need refurbed.. otherwise in perfect condition - apparently they are produced by rays..

In dundee scotland Collection only, but can meet within reasonable distance

looking for £300 but open to offers :cheers:

<SOLD><SOLD><SOLD><SOLD><SOLD><SOLD><SOLD><SOLD><SOLD><SOLD><SOLD><SOLD>

·
confused.com
6,592 Posts
what a shame these are nice but ive a four stud fitment, nice price too hope you get em sold

·
Registered
561 Posts
Yhpm

·
mph madness...
576 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
<SOLD><SOLD><SOLD><SOLD><SOLD><SOLD><SOLD><SOLD><SOLD><SOLD><SOLD><SOLD><SOLD><SOLD><SOLD><SOLD><SOLD><SOLD><SOLD><SOLD><SOLD><SOLD><SOLD><SOLD><SOLD><SOLD><SOLD><SOLD><SOLD><SOLD><SOLD><SOLD><SOLD><SOLD>

To Swifty :cheers: :cheers:

·
r32 gtr...old skool cool
612 Posts
awesome now i know what model my wheels are......been looking for ages to try and find more out about them.....knew they were sebring and thats about it...

oh and to the new owner if they read this you can use sand paper in varying grades to remove the surface crud and tatty laquer then polish up to a nice shine with Autosol metal polish.....at 3 quid a tube its a lot better than paying a couple of hundred to get them refurbed....i dont have a befor picture but heres how shiny i manged to get mine....and they did look terrible all grey/black and blotchy surface marks.

·
r32 gtr...old skool cool
612 Posts
i didnt bother to paint the centres as without the facilites to bake the paint on i thought they would chip very easily....will try and find away round this but there in ok shape for now...

the autosol (original) metal polish is avaliable from motorspares or similar motor factors. costs about 3 quid per tube and i purchased 6 tubes which left me with 1 tube to use for the ocaasional polish. It was roughly 4 hours per wheel but i found that on the last wheel i got some more course sandpaper which removed the laquer much quicker than the wet n dry i was using before...i then used some wet and dry to smooth the worst of it and then a really good polish using a good rag or old t-shirt and blobs of autosol rubbed over and polished off to get to a mirror fininsh....job done.
only took about 1.30 mins on the last wheel and theres a lot more dish to clean up than the front wheel pictured so i reckon a set could be done in a day.
then apply a good coat of decent car wax and stand back and admire your hard work. :drool:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts