Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
I'm surprised he didn't get it thrown out completely! Can't be that hard to prove whether the car is relatively standard or not, even then I don't see a tasty one doing 173mph ;)

·
Seasoned Member
1,789 Posts
hhmmmmmm, call me a cynic but something tells me that after getting caught that car went back to stock pretty sharpish.

·
confused.com
6,592 Posts
just how many times will we have to prove beyond reasonable doubt that these speed guns are not and never were acurate.

police seem adamant in their refusal to accept logical argument.

"cant to that speed" proven...yet "our guns has just been proven wrong, but we still believe they are accurate"

bollox the lot of it.

·
Registered
5,036 Posts
why admit 105 IF the gun said 173 ? you've already proved the gun was either wrong or not calibrated !! So surely you can say what speed you where doing !!

OK as said above the car could have been put back to original spec with money spent but an ELISE at 173mph Thats some serious modding to be done !! Gearbox and differential plus some major turbo added !! is it really possible to have that all changed and have the police discredited with a my car won't go that fast plee ??

If so surely every imported skyline owner can replace the limiter and and say nope my car won't go past the stock limiter ?

·
Administrator
25,962 Posts
i know of someone that was speeding doing 70 in a 40 HOWEVER the police who never had a gun took him to court and said in the papers he was doing over 100 mph,now because the police are considered expert witnesses they didnt need a gun apparantly.

now when in court the guy proved that his car COULD NOT go above 100mph as the manufacturers top speed was...............................94mph :rofl: and had all papers and such to prove it.

he got away with it because he kept his mouth shut about how fast he was really going and because the police specified how fast he was meant to be going they could not do a thing about any other charges that they had against him.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Money ...... and a set of very good lawers will get you off almost any speeding ticket, here is one recent example ......

...... guy caught doing well over the speed limit on the A9, with 9 points already he was looking at a ban. Open and shut case, but he's well off and has a very good lawer ...... so he was summoned to court and when the name of the presiding judge was released ...... the lawer did some digging ..... and he found out that the judge had accepted, and went to, a police demonstration of speed traps and speed detecting equipment and the lawer successfully argued that the judge was therefore prejudice and the case was stopped.

True !

1 - 17 of 17 Posts