Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Alloy Junkie
2,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anyone running 18x10 or wider on the rear or a R33 GTS-T??

Im trying to work out what offset i would need to run 10 or more at the back on a car with a 30mm drop and 255 tyres.

:cheers:

·
Registered
766 Posts
yep and they fit a treat, not sure on the offset though will take a look later for you if the rain lets off

·
Registered
577 Posts
i also running 18x 10 on rear with 265 tyres, lowered alot and just hits the arches a bit sometimes if i hit a big pothole

·
Alloy Junkie
2,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thats great guys, but can you give me an idea of what offsets your running??

:cheers:

·
Number 1 Monkey
591 Posts
Been watching this for a couple of days as I am thinking of ordering some compomotive wheels (the MO six spoke design) (originally going to go 18x9 all round as they dont do half sizes). They also stock a 18x10J - hence my interest! Looking around for the rear offsets with a nice fit:-

18x9J is about a +30
18x9.5J is about +35
18x10J must be +40?? - can anybody else confirm this (peeps with 10J rims!!).

·
Alloy Junkie
2,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
The offset dictates parly where the outer edge of where the wheel will sit, the extra depth i.e. 9.5-10" will be taken up on the inside of the wheel towards the suspension.

Therefore you should need a lower offset (i.e +30 and lower) not a higher offset like +40 to it a 10JJ rim.

Im just trying to establish what the minimum offset I need to run is ;)

·
Alloy Junkie
2,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hopefully someone (Ahem!) will come along and tell us what offset there running on there 10's :D

·
Alloy Junkie
2,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I wreakon anything below a +30 and your wheel is starting to stick outside of the wheel arch....

...WHAT OFFSET ARE YOU GUYS RUNNING? :(

:feedback:

·
BEDFORDSHIRE......
999 Posts
Normally what I have found is the offset is compensated for with a deep dish rim? But I may be wrong. You dont see many wide arse cars with a flush running rim edge so I guess if you want wider rims then you have to have some sort of dish. If your offset falls short and the wheels dont fill the arches you can fit spacers but if you go the other way then you will have to have the arches rolled.

Not trying to teach an old lady to suck eggs. :)

·
Alloy Junkie
2,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Understood,

But you have misunderstood. Im trying to determine what the minimum offset is that i require on a 18x10 before it starts to hit the rear suspension ;)

As i said i think at about +30 the rim starts to creep out beyond the bodywork, so at what offset will it be hitting the struts, +40, +50? Just trying to work it out before i get new rims, id rather not run spacers if i can help it

·
BEDFORDSHIRE......
999 Posts
Understood,

But you have misunderstood. I'm trying to determine what the minimum offset is that i require on a 18x10 before it starts to hit the rear suspension ;)

As i said i think at about +30 the rim starts to creep out beyond the bodywork, so at what offset will it be hitting the struts, +40, +50? Just trying to work it out before i get new rims, id rather not run spacers if i can help it
Fair enough. I have 9.5 X 18 on my 300ZX they seem to be very similar with fitment on the Skyline. and I have 5mm spacers which push them out just a tad too far and on a heavy bump they rub slightly. The offset is 35 on these. Without the spacers they fill the arch perfect. I think you will get away with an offset of 35 with 10" X 18's.

Try this site mate. http://www.1010tires.com/WheelOffsetCalculator.asp

vini

·
Forum loiterer!
1,707 Posts
well i know that if you run 9.5x18, +30 offset is perfect on the back but the extra 1/2" wheel width shared means the inside of the wheel will be 1/4" closer to the struts. so 1/4" is 7mm meaning you'll need something like a +38 offfset for 10x18 rims.

hope this helps

·
Alloy Junkie
2,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
M1,

Thanks, i know what offset is required in practice, im trying to find out if it works in theory without any suspension rubbing on the inside :)

The way i see it 18x10 on a +34 should sit on the outside at the same point as 18x9.5 +30, but im concerned how much space will be left inside the wheel arch towards the sturts etc

·
Belgium/Netherlands Area Rep
2,060 Posts
The way i see it 18x10 on a +34 should sit on the outside at the same point as 18x9.5 +30, but im concerned how much space will be left inside the wheel arch towards the sturts etc
10" +36 will sit at the same point on the outside as 9.5" +30 :)

1 - 20 of 42 Posts