Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright folks, I've done a naughty and ordered a set of wheels that have been giving me a semi for a good while, just wondering if anyone can help with tyre size recommendations.

Wheel specs are 19x10 et -6 rear, and 19x9 et +6 front.

I know I may have to do a slight tyre stretch but would prefer to keep that to an absolute minimum, it's not a Volkswagen. Arches are rolled flat all round already.

Cheers!

·
A rebel with a cause
209 Posts
Alright folks, I've done a naughty and ordered a set of wheels that have been giving me a semi for a good while, just wondering if anyone can help with tyre size recommendations.

Wheel specs are 19x10 et -6 rear, and 19x9 et +6 front.

I know I may have to do a slight tyre stretch but would prefer to keep that to an absolute minimum, it's not a Volkswagen. Arches are rolled flat all round already.

Cheers!
What car is it?

·
Super Moderator
8,969 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Hi Parky,

I'm running 19/8.5 ET35 245/35 Front, 19/10 ET35 275/35 rear with 20mm spacers all round. Tucks in when on the chassis rails and the rears at least, are reasonably flush when at a sensible rolling height.

If my calcs are correct, your wheel offsets at +6/-6 work out to be 27mm and 9mm further out (front wheel face) than mine so a small amount of stretch may be required especially for the fronts. I'd try 265 rear, 235 or 225 front but would get expert advice/test fit before buying.

Good to meet you the other day at BHP by the way...Cheers for coming over to find me, I kept on walking back to you car but missed you every time!

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi Parky,

I'm running 19/8.5 ET35 245/35 Front, 19/10 ET35 275/35 rear with 20mm spacers all round. Tucks in when on the chassis rails and the rears at least, are reasonably flush when at a sensible rolling height.

If my calcs are correct, your wheel offsets at +6/-6 work out to be 27mm and 9mm further out (front wheel face) than mine so a small amount of stretch may be required especially for the fronts. I'd try 265 rear, 235 or 225 front but would get expert advice/test fit before buying.

Good to meet you the other day at BHP by the way...Cheers for coming over to find me, I kept on walking back to you car but missed you every time!

Cheers for the replies folks. I've been trawling wheel fitment threads on g35driver, and rimtuck.com has been helpful. Hoping to keep stadard arms and not play with camber arms etc. New wheels will arrive at the end of July so plenty of time to get it right first time.

Yeah good to meet you too Ojay, good to talk to others with the same motor, yours looks stunning bud!

·
FTO
33 Posts
Looks pro Ricky. Do spacers have any negative effect on handling or tyre wear etc?

19s look beast but I was wonder if I should look into 18s. Only convern there was 19s would be a rough ride?

Great thread though, answers some questions that I was looking into!

·
Registered
172 Posts
Looks pro Ricky. Do spacers have any negative effect on handling or tyre wear etc?

19s look beast but I was wonder if I should look into 18s. Only convern there was 19s would be a rough ride?
Wouldn't worry about effect on ride or handling on spacers less than 25mm - just make sure to get hub-centric.

I ran std 18"s on my old one for a while after running 19"s on it since buying it - and I'm now back on 19"s again. Honestly think the slightly harsher ride is negligible and definitely not worth worrying about if you prefer decent wheel fitment.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have 20s on mine at the moment and the rode is still really smooth compared to my last car!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts