Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Unfortunately I've decided to sell my car. It's been a tough decision and I won't bore you with the details, I'd just like to see her go to a good home and preferably an enthusiast from SOC who will look after her.

a few pics...

The car was declared manufactured in September 1995. I imported it myself in 2005. It came on 17" Giugiaro Design alloys, with a Blitz filter, Apexi front strut brace, R-Spec turbo timer, a Fujitsubo JASMA-spec road legal backbox and no stereo. It also had a factory-fitted Nissan alarm with remote central locking. I've since fitted a DVD player with fold-out screen (2x1DIN units in the double DIN space), indiglo dials and leather gear/handbrake gaiters on the inside. Outside, it has a Trial-replica front bumper, a JDL rear and brand spanking new Rota GTR 18" alloys with Falken tyres. These were put on in July and I've barely driven it since. It's currently showing 60,135Km, so 37,366 miles. It is still JDM speed restricted as I didn't want to tempt myself too much...

MOT'd till August2008, tax runs out this month but I'll probably put six months on this week. Just recently had an oil and filter change, although it is overdue a gearbox/diff oil service.

The bad bits: there is a crack in the windscreen. I have fully comp insurance but bizarrely my policy doesn't include windscreen replacement, so to replace it I'd have to either lose my no-claims or shell out £500. No doubt your insurance will have windscreen cover :) The bonnet was damaged, so I bought a replacement from an SOC user, unfortunately whilst the description for the bonnet I bought stated "brand new respray in white", what it didn't mention was it had been dark red, and only the top of the bonnet has been sprayed, thus when you open the bonnet it is dark red underneath. Finally, the sunroof sticks in slide mode and doesn't go all the way back. It's fine in tilt mode, to be honest I'd forgotten all about this as I never use sunroofs anyway.

I have had my old Giugiaro Design 17s for sale for a few weeks, but I'll throw them in with the car if the buyer wants them, may come in handy as a spare set for trackdays or what have you. I also have a steering wheel boss kit to throw in, I was going to buy a new wheel but since I'm now selling the car I thought I may as well let the new owner make their own choice of wheel

money-wise, I'm looking for £5500. Please PM your interest. If I've had no response by the end of the week I'll be putting it on Pistonheads/Autotrader.

Thanks for reading,

Paul

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
a little yeh mate but i'm trying not to be tempted at the mo, really need to buy a van and save some cash for stock investment which is why the car has to go :'-(

·
BEDFORDSHIRE......
999 Posts
My god what a lovely car. I want it but sorry I cant get that much together until my 300ZX is gone and my Bike has sold. But I just thought I would let you know that IMO its a steal at that money. G Banter showed an interest in my 300 and bike for he's but I have heard nothing back since? So good luck and if it hasnt gone by the time my compo coimes through or they sell I will buy it. I want a Turbo Skyline to compliment my N/A

vini

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
cheers for the props mate, i'll keep you posted :)

paul

My god what a lovely car. I want it but sorry I cant get that much together until my 300ZX is gone and my Bike has sold. But I just thought I would let you know that IMO its a steal at that money. G Banter showed an interest in my 300 and bike for he's but I have heard nothing back since? So good luck and if it hasnt gone by the time my compo coimes through or they sell I will buy it. I want a Turbo Skyline to compliment my N/A

vini

·
Registered
4,921 Posts
like hes going to break that car.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
still for sale, going on autotrader when i have a spare 5mins

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
still going, haven't got round to putting it on autotrader yet, maybe tonight. let me know if you're interested, a friend of a friend is interested but has a Porsche to sell first....

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
hi lee, still have her, been too lazy to get it on the autotrader :spank: but it really does need to go soon, need the money for business projects. let me know if you're interested still, gonna have to get her online by the end of the week.

cheers,

paul

·
Registered
5 Posts
hello paul, iam rly sorry but last week was let down as the bloke wasted my time and someone was ment to be coming this friday,but has just cancelled till next friday now as he has a interview, he does sound genuine and promised me he will be here next friday paul so i will let you know weds next week if he is still coming and if i can arange a time to come and see yours :)

many thanks lee

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
that's alright mate I know what it's like sometimes. I put the car on the Autotrader yesterday but it's not online yet. I'll always give priority to a fellow SOC enthusiast :cheers:

keep me posted mate,

paul

1 - 20 of 23 Posts