Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,436 Posts
Mines a 96P, and it doesn't have and form of anything to help traction apart from the old fashioned middle peddle!! Certainly makes for very exciting corning, and has taught me not to chase those Scooby things round corners at rediculous speeds !!

Its got the 4 Wheel steering, but its impossible to get that to kick in, and I don't know if it has a sensitivity control on it.

If you can get traction control ? I would like to know myself, and at what cost!!

·
M's Factory
5,240 Posts
4wd steering automatically works anything above 20kph.

I believe r33 GTS of any flavour do not have Traction control only r34 gt(t) have traction control.

·
Registered
704 Posts
Some of the autos have traction control. You can buy traction control units and sensors for around £700 all in, I think racelogic do them

Matt

·
M's Factory
5,240 Posts
thats aftermarket though. You can buy traction control for most cars if you pay for it after you have bought the car from a manufacturer.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Most, if not all, GTT's have traction control.

If you decide to fit aftermarket traction control bear in mind that it's easier if the car already has ABS as you can use the existing sensors.

·
Banned
8,850 Posts
HICAS is rear wheel steering, the wheels only move a couple of degrees to help keep the arse end in order, dunno if the light should flash though, may have a minor prob there.

·
Mmmmm KPG-C10
1,977 Posts
HICAS

My HICAS works fine, and have had loads of corners......going in thinking "sheeeeeeet am I gonna come out" and coming out thinking "next time, a lot faster!"

There was a thread a little while back about HICAS probs, and sometimes after high speed cornering, then breaking in striaght line, you do have to fight the rears a little (feels wierd). I know of some other that have had this prob, and it was solved getting a 4 wheel tracking allignment. The thread mentioned a couple of garages which will cater for rear wheel steering.

My light also sometimes comes on, but stays on, only on longer journeys. Been told it's just the fluid level (GTS's use the power steering cylinder, GTR have their own in the boot).

Hope this helps!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts