Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Chase
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The sound different to me. The 1jz seems deeper and the RB has more of a higher rpm note.
obviously there is a difference, however its not as pronounced as I once thought. No two cars have the exact same sound (from skyline to skyline as well) but I just thought it interesting to have a comparison. To me the 1jz sounds more smooth whereas the rb25 sounds more rough and raw.

·
Registered
836 Posts
You have to remember the Soarer has more cc's than the rb and a bigger bore diameter if im right which will give a different sound. The RB30 might sound deeper than the RB25.

·
Chase
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You have to remember the Soarer has more cc's than the rb and a bigger bore diameter if im right which will give a different sound. The RB30 might sound deeper than the RB25.
You are right, the 2j and the rb30 would sound deeper than the rb25. However both the soarer and the skyline are 2500cc.

·
Registered
836 Posts
Apologies, was speed reading and thought I saw 2jz lol didn't they do a twin turbo version of the Soarer? Is that the 2.5 or 30L?

·
Registered
360 Posts
I actualy wondered this the other day weather you could tell, would be good to hear a few with different exhausts etc

·
Thinks he can Drift
2,619 Posts
I actualy wondered this the other day weather you could tell, would be good to hear a few with different exhausts etc
You can definatly tell when they are hammering along

rB25 and 1jay are the same cc but the JZ is over square and unless I'm mistaken the RB25 isn't?

Not to mention if the JZ is still a Twin Turbo it will sound different

1 - 15 of 15 Posts