Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
788 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can anyone give me some average (unmodded) MPG figures for a 2.0 R33, want to stay a skyliner but am having to cut my cloth!!!! (round town figures most imp.ortant

Cheers

·
Registered
13 Posts
if its any help I went to Liverpool from my home in devon in my 2.0ltr auto - 250 miles, cost me about 45 quid at the pump at 119p a ltr

·
Registered
255 Posts
not R33 but R32 with RB20DE (few mods). get a reliable 25mpg and i only really do short journeys to work and back with the occasional weekend (hard) blast.
I reset the ECU and run full tanks of 97ron min with STP octane booster. it is win. :)

·
Registered
4,730 Posts
When we collected my wifes car from spalding we filled it up before we set off back home and it had used half a tank by the time we got home ( 185 miles ).

2.0 ltr na manual

·
Registered
788 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hmm seems to me the 2 is no better than the 2.5! which begs the question Why bother inventing it? :D . Thanks guys but i really only do urban, very rarely do 'Runs' .Looks like a Vectra for me :D hahah

·
Registered
369 Posts
depends on which engine you have !! ive got RB20E and doing 40 mile a day to work and back a full tank will get me 350kms or work n back 8 times but on a long run i got pretty much from carlisle to silverstone one 1 tank

·
Registered
788 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
I drive 12 miles a day to and from work and a full tank gives me 300 miles - ish :)
Whoa thats actually worse than my RB25!!! did you mean 12 each way or 6 each way? I get exactly 80 miles for £20. Its a 65 ltr tank @ 1.20 in my area thats 78 pund odd, lets call it 80, so in theory my car should get roughly 320 to a tank. What you got, a mad max supercharger? :D :D

·
Registered
788 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Whoa thats actually worse than my RB25!!! did you mean 12 each way or 6 each way? I get exactly 80 miles for £20. Its a 65 ltr tank @ 1.20 in my area thats 78 pund odd, lets call it 80, so in theory my car should get roughly 320 to a tank. What you got, a mad max supercharger? :D :D
i do 6 miles to each way to work myself

·
Registered
16 Posts
I've had a R32 GTS RB20DE with ,induction kit , de-cat ,cat back performance exhaust, on 18" , full tank £60/65 quid i used to get 300miles around town 324miles on long run . I've now got a R34 GT RB20DE NEO std no mods on 18" i'm luck if i see 240miles around town and 260/270 on a long run.

·
Assassino
5,924 Posts
Hmm seems to me the 2 is no better than the 2.5! which begs the question Why bother inventing it? :D . Thanks guys but i really only do urban, very rarely do 'Runs' .Looks like a Vectra for me :D hahah
mate i have had both and the 2.5 n/a was just the same on fuel as the 2.0

·
NEW TO ALL THINGS NISSAN
1,103 Posts
FUEL QUESTION's !?

Does anyone know how much fuel you have in an RB20E Reserve tank? - when the fuel needles indicates you've hit reserve ???

Oh, and I run my RB20E on UNLEADED, Will it take Super Un-Leaded ?? and is it ok to just switch from one fuel type to another?? - Martin.

·
Everybody knows that the bird is the word
9,198 Posts
Holy thread bump!

There is no "reserve" tank.... look underneath, just 1 large tank which holds 65 litres iirc (that's for an R33 25-t, I can't see Nissan changing the tank for other models).

For those who don't live there (like me :D), what's the octane rating for either fuel you mentioned?

·
NEW TO ALL THINGS NISSAN
1,103 Posts
Holy thread bump!

There is no "reserve" tank.... look underneath, just 1 large tank which holds 65 litres iirc (that's for an R33 25-t, I can't see Nissan changing the tank for other models).

For those who don't live there (like me :D), what's the octane rating for either fuel you mentioned?

So when the needle indicates I'am out of fuel.......................... I'am OUT OF FUEL !? Hmm...ok thats useful to know... I may have to give her a full tank soon :)

I dont know the Octane rating for either....I'll have a look online and see if I can find out :) - Martin.

·
Everybody knows that the bird is the word
9,198 Posts
That's what the needle is for - if it's pointing to empty, then you're empty (or very close to it).
I dunno why people like to let their car run on fumes... just put some damn fuel in it lol

·
NEW TO ALL THINGS NISSAN
1,103 Posts
That's what the needle is for - if it's pointing to empty, then you're empty (or very close to it).
I dunno why people like to let their car run on fumes... just put some damn fuel in it lol
http://uk.answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20070904084957AA5oMZD

I've found this info, I dont know how reliable it is !? but this is what someone has put :-

'generally unleaded petrol is rated at 95 ron super unleaded is 97 ron.the highest rated petrol in this country is shell optimax or v shell thats 98 ron for higher performance cars.'

Hope that helps (you help me) :) !? - Martin.

·
Seasoned Member
755 Posts
Most standard unleaded is 95 where as super unleaded is 97. V Power is 99ron same as Tesco Momentum 99.

Nothing wrong with putting that in your car.

Not sure what the effect would be of putting a lower octane fuel in an import non turbo skyline though. :/

1 - 18 of 18 Posts