Skyline Owners Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys just wanting a few suggestions on what might be making my exhaust manifolds crack out so quickley if use could through any ideas my way it would be much appreciated thnx

·
Registered
2,695 Posts
What make are they? OEM? What turbo you have on it? Are the nuts torqued properly?

·
Pist'n'broke
1,014 Posts
Have you tried making the holes in the manifold wider to take the strain away?

I noticed when mine cracked in the middle that the two centre bolts were hard against the holes in the manifold.

So far so good on the new manifold worth a try?

·
tdi power
13,297 Posts
age of the manifold and nothing more

snapped engine mounts wont cause it as the downpipe is bolted to the gearbox so its solid and also the reason for rubber exhaust mounts

·
Premium Member
14,725 Posts
age of the manifold and nothing more

snapped engine mounts wont cause it as the downpipe is bolted to the gearbox so its solid and also the reason for rubber exhaust mounts
Wrong they will, excess engine move movement will crack a manifold, as I found out, the skyline exhaust is a CRAP design with no flexi join in the downpipe.

Best way to stop a manifold cracking is keeping it cool, take the heat shield off and like the other say elongate the bolt holes, it'll help loads and make sure its pan flat also that no engine or gearbox mounts are gone.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.