Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thining of refurbing my Volk 2 piece wheels but only the middles of the wheels need painting. to get the most cost effective deal the company I used has said that if I split down the wheels they will give me a good price.

My question is, is there anything that I should bare in mind when removing & refitting the bolts. Are the bolts just tightend or are they torqued up & thread tight added.

all info appreciated.

·
hippy
7,682 Posts
they will have torque figures,also making sure they are bolted down flat and even is important,dont do one bolt up tight then do the next one long,try to do oposing sides

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How do I find out what Torque settings the bolts need tightening up to after refurb?

·
confused.com
6,592 Posts
ive just got split rims for the stag ...what's involved with getting a pro on the job?

how much would we be talking?

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Mine are not split rims as such. the outer rim of the wheel is one peice, the other section being the wheel spokes & hub section. I should be able to remove the spokes for painting & buff up the polished rim my self.

·
hippy
7,682 Posts
pffft most of the time you are paying people to do exactly what you could at home(with reference to three piece rims where two parts make the dish),use instant gasket and tighen them up properly
ive only messed with one set of split rims and they came with a slip of paper in the bolt set with a tightening torque

·
Qube Wheels and Graphics
18 Posts
Old thread i know. but split rims no problem - DONT do opposites when tightening, this is a myth. work sequentially around the rim. opposistes apply high local loads that cause distortion. cost for full refurb should be about £200.00 with full chemical strip, prepare and powder coating

1 - 10 of 10 Posts