Skyline Owners Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
right, went today to have a butchers at theis r33 gtst in southampton, F1 Auto's for anyone who wants to know where, anyway car looked sweet, no body damage whatsoever, engine seemd ok, i asked him to take me out and he did, put his foot down and it seemed to go alright but in 4th gear i think, he put his foot down and the car hesitated, he blamed this on:
a) lack of fuel in the tank
b) something he recekons called 2 stage boost?
Does this sound legitimate? or was there engine problems to be had? guy seemed pretty geniune and all, just wondered because i had never heard of this 2 stage boost thing, he said you can earth some solonoid and the car will boost all the way through? replies would be appreciated.

·
Registered
290 Posts
To be honest i have a HKS EVC on mine and when i floor it it gets pulling and then all of a sudden hesistates very slightly then goes like **** of a shovel.

I managed to watch the boost gauge today and it seemed that the hesistance was just as car came on boost then it boosts up really quick which is i'm guessing while mine feels hesistant.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hmmm, thats ok then. the engine was completely standard other than a cat back system, just wondered if all of them do it, got a few more to look at anyway, never buy the first one you see a!! i must just be unlucky!!! cheers anyway

·
Premium Member
14,725 Posts
They do have a two stage boost but it shouldn't hesitate its designed to make the car smoother, and if that was the case it would do it in every gear.

Chances are its either plugs or coil packs starting to break down.

·
Registered
2,142 Posts
in 3rd and 4th I get a hessiation just as I hit 4krpm then it goes, and at bout 5.5krrpm in any gear it goes into mega pull mode. Dunno if it should do, but it does

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
well thanks a lot guys for all the responses, i decided to leave that one for now, i went to look at another one in farnborough and it was much nicer and in better nick than the one in southampton, still searching for the right one though!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.