Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok im 20 years old but my last 2 policies have been on my moms names. so i have 2 years NCB but on moms name. i had a quote on a r33 GTS-t fro several places and the cheapest i got was 2486 :| so now ive been looking around for non turbos any idea of how much insurance would be on a R34 Neo 6 or a R33 2.0 non turbo?

Thank you

·
Diesel Powered RB25
5,954 Posts
Mate insurance is such a big complex thing, am sure the guy on the other side of the phone use's a dartboard. whilst ur on giving him ur details an u just get his highest score lol.

Keep plodding on with the quotes for a turbo i was 21 wen i bought my Zx i was with norwich union. Have u tried A plan most of the people on here speak highly of them.

Hope this helps mate all the best an hope u get the car u want

cheers Chris

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i know i hate them so much i had 1 insurance company i think it was allan and allan they said to me 5K i was like :| u idiot the cars costing me 5K LOL...but yeh i have tried a plan they quoted me 2500 but i really wanna change my car now ive got a vauxhall corsa 1.2 all modified and makes all the noise in the world but doesnt go anywhere :( so ive decided i want something Jap i dnt care if its got a turbo or not because you can modify the hello out of them.

·
Number 1 Monkey
591 Posts
Neo engined R34 GTT are even more pricey than the R33 GTS-t to insure. I also think a UK 200sx would be a good buy (reasonable to insure compared to an import). At 25 I made the jump from a mondeo diesel (i had also driven a couple of 200's) and the pace of the skyline was a suprise (as was noise). I would imagine going from a corsa 1.2 with no experience of driving high performance would be a complete shocker (insurance would also see it this way). Also worth trying Elephant - they were cheapest for me. My insurance dropped at 21 (I live in Dudley) so in your shoes I would give it another year (save cash dont buy a 200sx and get another year NCB) and once past 21 its should be easier. Bear in mind I waited till 25 to get my insurance at a reasonable price.

·
Just another brick in the wall
2,693 Posts
supprised you even got quoted at 20. I'm 21 and ringing round at the moment. Getting something under 2k is a struggle. With a skyline comes a hefty price tag for everything, it depends how bad you want it as to what you will settle buying. If i were in your shoes i'd get s14, very cool and very loud..... will also have a bit more poke than a corsa! :drivin:

·
Registered
2,142 Posts
I'm 22 and found Keith Micheals gave me the best deal. Oh and by best deal I mean 2.5k - similar thing I was on company car insurance for 2/3 years and had zero NCB :( If you tell them what other companies have quoted you they normally try and match it or beat it ;)

Now wether those quotes from other companys you tell them about actually exist or not is another matter.. *cough*

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thats a good idea actually lol ive got a offer on the corsa for 4500 and ive got a grand extra to spend. ive seen 200sx's go for about 4000 and thats a really good 1 plus ive heard you can do a whole lot to boost up a 200sx then you can to a skyline

·
2,693 Posts
From what i understand (please correct me if i'm wrong folks) it's not that you can do more it's just it's cheaper to mod.

·
London stand up tall
2,440 Posts
tazzy there is a way of getting insured but you wouldnt get a pay out :( ........for a quote of around £1400-£1600.... go to adrian flux the car is worth less than 5 grand even tho its not (then you can insure it tpft) its kept in a garage at night, its absolutely standard, you only drive 3000miles a year.. you need to be in a low risk post code zone... (all of a sudden you live with your nan ;)) ........BUT your chances of getting a claim are very slim, but if you have to do what i did.... add up the pro's and con's.... I knew if i smashed my skyline up its game over, I couldnt afford a new one and even if i could i couldnt afford the increase in insurance.BUT i got to drive my dream car just a smigden out of being a teenager !!!! :cheers: lol Brad .............. oww and a 200sx is not more tuneable than a skyline.;)

·
Registered
322 Posts
try adiran flux mate, i got a quote off of them with 2 yeras ncb at the age of 20 for a 93 l reg r33 gtst and it was only 1439 tpft, i was well surprised!:drivin:

·
2,693 Posts
I have no idea how you guys are getting these cheap quotes with them. I phoned them for my R32gtst I got incoming. I told them i got quoted 2k from a-plan and she went away and came back saying they'd be able to get no where near that, it's about 3k fully comp and 2-2.5k tpft. I'm 21 with 2 year ncb.
I've even phoned back a-plan and double checked the quote and it's ok, just waiting for a call back now though to see how much these extra mods are hurt the bank balance.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
what the heck how are you guys getting the prices sooo cheap :| and are these quotes on your parents name or ure own?? i think ill phone them up tomo and see what they say? what are they like on petrol the GTS-t's?

·
Registered
24 Posts
blinkin nora £2500 thats outrageous!!! the college grants must be better these days! im flapping at getting mine under 800, thats still gross i reckon.
though not as ugly as alan and alan, as 7k was apparently the best they could do for me....

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
hy tazzy im from wolves too,try what the guys here told you first,then put the car in your dads name and get a quote as a listed driver,good luck:)

1 - 20 of 38 Posts