Skyline Owners Forum banner

2002 R34 facelift GTT Swap

2K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  BennyT 
#1 ·
Hi team

I am selling a car and someone is offering to trade me their GTT.

Its
automatic
very original
bayside blue
125k kms
facelift so has factory upgrades like GTR xenon HID lights bigger garret turbo

Is this a good car? Whats its value?

What do I need to look for when inspecting?

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
That's lovely looking car.. lookout for rust on the strut tops and down the sides of the struts along with rear arches and sills. Check all gaps in panels to make sure all even as this may be hiding some previous accident damage.

Then usual engine checks I.e rattles on start up, smoke from exhaust, oil leaks and mayonnaise in oil cap.. the usual stuff..

#6 ·
The main problem with my car these days is rust, at least in UK. Check the arches, and for under seal and / or under body rust. My rear sub-frame and many suspension parts are in poor condition, even though I hardly drive the car. This is not a major problem structurally, but they need cleaning up before it gets worse. Hopefully this year I'll have time to remove the rear subframe, change all the bushings and give it a re-spray.

Running wise - check for hesitancy on acceleration and boost / higher revs. Various issues can cause this, and can be a pain / expensive to identify the cause.

Price-wise, depends mostly on your local market. That car looks very clean. Auto box will reduce the price a bit but GTT's in UK go for between £10 and £20k these days, lower and for autos.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.