Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi newbi here wanting to know your thoughts on if i should buy a 200sx or go for the gts-t whats the better faster car?

·
Administrator
14,725 Posts
Your always gonna get the biast answer of skyline on here, and to be fair we get a lot of 200sx owners coming over to skylines which has got to stand for something.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Your always gonna get the biast answer of skyline on here, and to be fair we get a lot of 200sx owners coming over to skylines which has got to stand for something.
true but i am kind of thinking the 200sx is a little cheaper to buy and modd purely because its not a skyline both are good cars but i think of it like two pairs of jeans both similar one has levi brand one has asda brand u can buy the levi jeans for fashon but get the same from the asda at a lower price?
does that make sense or am i way off comparing the two?

·
bla
17,374 Posts
Depends on what 200sx you want as they vary in price. I think personally that mods etc would cost the same. Eg. S14a £4/5k for a decent one. R33 Gtst can be picked up off ebay for around £3k, autotrader £4/5k

But after driving one i would say the 33gtst is on top on many things.... GTST all the way ;) Youll never look back ;)

·
Administrator
14,725 Posts
I work in retail so this is gonna be easy to answer, i can tell you that everytime you go out hundreads of thousands will be wearing the asda jeans as the levis are that more expensive so less have them making them more special, second the asda jeans will fall apart in 2 weeks and when your wearing them and you see someone wearing the levi jeans while you've got the asda jeans on your feel inferior.

·
bla
17,374 Posts
I work in retail so this is gonna be easy to answer, i can tell you that everytime you go out hundreads of thousands will be wearing the asda jeans as the levis are that more expensive so less have them making them more special, second the asda jeans will fall apart in 2 weeks and when your wearing them and you see someone wearing the levi jeans while you've got the asda jeans on your feel inferior.
perfect description, lol......

·
Registered
458 Posts
Having just parted with an S15, I can tell you it's an amazing car. Would I have a 200SX? No - too common :) Get a Skyline instead :D

My advice would be to drive both and then decide - they're both RWD, Single Turbo etc. but the RB25DET feels/runs/sounds very different to the SR20DET. The Skyline drives very different too. The S15 was crazy fun because for me because I never felt I could completely trust it, like it was gonna surprise me at some point! The Skyline is crazy fun for me because i feel I can trust it and take it to more extreme limits. Doesn't feel as quick as the S15 though I must admit.

So short answer - get some test drives arranged :D

·
R33 GTST Owner.
244 Posts
Iv owned a 200sx s14a and although its a nice car, it doesnt feel as special as the skyline.. everybody knows what a skyline is and it gets full respect because of that :)

·
Registered
770 Posts
i just sold my gtst for the bronze widearch uras kitted s14a that was featured in japanese performance in the june issue.
engine wise it has a s/s manifold, decat back s/s, filter, s15 turbo, ebc set at 1.1 bar, fuel pump. must be around 270 bhp and it is alot quicker than my gtst and has more response and with the tein coilovers it out handles most cars, its lighter than my gtst and you can feel it.
it aint got the skyline name but it turns more heads than my skyline did but then i do have a kit and 11.5in veilside 3 piece rims!
BUT i do really miss my skyline!! my gtst was dyno'd at 293bhp and was a very smooth comfy drive and easy to drive normal where as my silvia is more rough and bumpy to drive and i need to change gears more a lower speeds where the skyline sat happy in most gears at any speed.
i paid £1600 to insure the skyline but with the silvia i pay £800 with all mods declared
i just bought a flat so the silvia works out ok money wise at the moment

·
Registered
770 Posts
when money is better it'll be a gtr engine in the silvia or a r33 gtr next

·
bla
17,374 Posts
i just sold my gtst for the bronze widearch uras kitted s14a that was featured in japanese performance in the june issue.
engine wise it has a s/s manifold, decat back s/s, filter, s15 turbo, ebc set at 1.1 bar, fuel pump. must be around 270 bhp and it is alot quicker than my gtst and has more response and with the tein coilovers it out handles most cars, its lighter than my gtst and you can feel it.
it aint got the skyline name but it turns more heads than my skyline did but then i do have a kit and 11.5in veilside 3 piece rims!
BUT i do really miss my skyline!! my gtst was dyno'd at 293bhp and was a very smooth comfy drive and easy to drive normal where as my silvia is more rough and bumpy to drive and i need to change gears more a lower speeds where the skyline sat happy in most gears at any speed.
i paid £1600 to insure the skyline but with the silvia i pay £800 with all mods declared
i just bought a flat so the silvia works out ok money wise at the moment
Your engines making over 300bhp it says in the magazine... And im not suprised that it gets people attention... Your skyline looked standard. That dosent...
p.s how much you pay if you dont mind me asking...

·
Seasoned Member
4,504 Posts
I have came over from 200sx ownership although it was because some t**t wrote it off for me. Having owned both i feel the SR20 engine needs more TLC compared to the RB25.
I had a Blitz nur spec exhaust on my s14 and it sounded lovely and the RB 6 cylinder engine gives off a completely different sound, to me it sounds more subtle if you know what i mean.
My S14 was only pushing around 240bhp with basic engine mods but i must admit it did feel slightly quicker than my R33 GTST but saying that i do still have the cat in place
When it comes to attention the R33 wins it for me hands down
Insurance and fuel on the other hand is a completely different matter
As for mods they are just the same price really
In my opinion if you can afford a skyline then get one as you will only end up buying one anyway so you should buy one now and mod it and you wont regret it :D

·
Registered
770 Posts
paid 5.3k for it cos the guy took off the nismo 555's and power fc.

i started to like my skyline after i pulled my moaning finger out and spent good money on bits for it and then i loved it and didnt want to sell it but the s14a is cheap to run at the moment

i'll be back some day with a gtr :)

·
Seasoned Member
4,504 Posts
My S14 used just about just over half the fuel my R33 uses if my calculations are correct but i think (HOPE) my R33 is over fuelling a bit :D

·
Seasoned Member
4,929 Posts
Ok, well, I might get some stick for this but I recently sold my lovely R33 Gts-t and bought myself a 200sx S14a (yet to see and pick up in person). I felt like a change and cant comment on the differences yet as I've still to drive the 200....here is pics of my old Skyline and my new purchase.....
Am I mad ?????

1 - 20 of 33 Posts