Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
During my skyline research I’ve managed to get myself confused on a couple of things...

Visually what’s the difference between a GT-T and GTR?

Is it still possible to buy a brand new R34 GTR m-spec from Japan?

Is the new R35 / V35 in production or still concept and is it called R35 or V35 coz I’ve seen it called both

Do skylines come in two shades of yellow? As I’ve seen the bright yellow that I like but I’ve also seen a duller yellow around...

Cheers peeps if you can shed some light on any of the above it would be much appreciated

·
Banned
1,743 Posts
I THINK the difference visually with R34 GTT and GTR is the grille, headlights and spoiler. Not sure what other differences there might be. I don't think you can still buy a brand new R34 GTR M spec in Japan but I could be wrong. It's officially the V35 but people have a habit of calling it the R35 because it's got the number 35 in it which happens to be a direct succession to the number 34 in R34 even thought the V35 refers to it being a 3.5 V6 engine and has nothing to do with the chassis as R32,33and 34 refer to. I didn't know skylines came in yellow I thought any skyline in yellow had been re-sprayed.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I see that clears it up a bit, cheers, may have to re-spray mine then when i eventually get it... I like the way yellow attracts attention ;)

·
2.8 HKSステップ3 、
3,072 Posts
The R34 GTT and GTR come in Factory yellow.. I dont think that the 33 or 32 came in yellow at all from the factory

·
look its a skyline!
2,524 Posts
i have seen yellow ones for sale when i got mine and it seemed to be a standard colour

·
Banned
1,743 Posts
I'm almost positive the R32 didn't come in yellow, unsure about the 33 there may have been a limited edition or something in yellow and I didn't know about the R34.

·
Banned
1,743 Posts
Again I wasn't positive that was the case on the R34. It seems less obvious than on the R33 and R32 don't you think?

·
On The Far Side...
203 Posts
R34 GTR - GTT differences, standard cars:

Wheels - GTR's are 18's, usually bronze ish color. GTT's are 17's, usually silver

GTR has wider arches front and rear, different grill, bumpers and in some cases diffusers. GTR has a different rear spoiler and also has a red fog lamp as standard (GTT has 2 clear reversing lamps).

Also, atop of the dash the GTR has the MFD.

R34's were available in yellow from factory. I've only ever seen one yellow color code listed, but I there definitely looks like some yellows are darker than others!

You cannot buy a new R34 GTR, but I believe there are some extremely low KM examples about, going for silly amounts of money.

The V35 sedan and coupes are in production at the mo. Very nice they are too :D

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Demon Dave said:
You cannot buy a new R34 GTR, but I believe there are some extremely low KM examples about, going for silly amounts of money.

[/B]
Yeah theres one on auto trader at the mo with only 20 miles on the clock but for a smigin under 50g's I think I will be leaving that one :D

Muesli... thats the one... that makes me horney :p

·
Registered
2,262 Posts
R32GTR said:
Again I wasn't positive that was the case on the R34. It seems less obvious than on the R33 and R32 don't you think?
As a GTT owner, I know mine doesn't look as 'pumped-up' as a GTR, so its more obvious to me that the '34 GTR has big arches.

Originally posted by Demon Dave
GTR has a different rear spoiler and also has a red fog lamp as standard (GTT has 2 clear reversing lamps).
Demon, I'm donning my anorak here: presumably the Jap-market GTRs have the two clear reversing lights; only the official UK-market GTRs have one clear and one red fog. Some imports will of course have been altered with the UK fog light.

·
On The Far Side...
203 Posts
Grinder, JDM R34 GTR's have one fog lamp and one reversing lamp. I have no idea why since:

1. JDM cars are not required to have any fog lamps.
2. With a few exceptions R34 GTR's were not made for export, so there was never a need for them to have fog lamps.

But, fog lamps they have. There's always someone selling them on Yahoo auctions for the many GTT drivers who want to imitate the GTR's...

Dave

As an aside, I can only recall ever seeing 1 GTR here that had 2 clear (ish) rear lenses and that was DCD's...:)

·
Registered
475 Posts
on uk cars you have to have a fog light
the uk gtr 34 has a reverse lamp replaced by the fog lamp
and guess what it also fit s the gtt
so go along to nissan an order a 34 gtr foglamp and it fits into the gtt

question why do so many cars in japan have blacked out rear and side windows i like mine but it is a barstead when reversing at night !

·
On The Far Side...
203 Posts
black out windows - or "privacy" glass as they call it over here.

I'd say most cars have tinted side and rear windows, partly for show/looks but mainly to keep the interior cool during the extremely hot summer...:)

and re: the foglamp, as I said Japanese R34 GTR's also have 1 rear fog lamp as standard. It's only the GT's GTT's etc that have twin reversing lamps...:)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts