Skyline Owners Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey guys i was made redundant a few weeks back but in the mean time iv'e aquired a plating machine, a chrome dip, an aluminium anodising tank, an airbrush gun and a nice compressor and sandblaster so anyone looking to have parts restored or refurbished i may be able to help. So far i have gold plated a nice golf putter with a fantastic result, pics to follow, a set of tuner wheel nuts in gold also and the center caps off my newly aquired chrome bk racing 18's i picked up, one of the wheels needs a full re-chrome and i'm stripping it down at the moment then i will chrome brush plate it as my chrome tank is only 5 litres so far, so nuts or bolts or anything under 8" sq.
I'l have the garage kitted out with shelving etc soon and i have a good range of tools/equipment and contacts that can help me restore or refurbish anything.
I wanna get some conductive paint so maybe i can gold plate a ps3 or phones etc so if anyone know's were i can get some 'cheaply' please let me know, as said i'l post some pics when i sort the camera out.
Gold plating is a real nice touch and would make a lovely souvenier or gift/prize, its also great for car emblems, or anything already chrome. contact me if u have anything that is
A. metal (until i get the special paint)
B. isn't too big as costs can be high
C. you are relatively local to the east coast

Cheers for any info or opinions lads!
Aido 085 7749321

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
Sounds amazing mate - If goes all well I might get my wheels chromes from you with the same colour they are at the moment :)

·
bla
17,374 Posts
Any pics of what your upto matey..

All the best with it all..

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
what sort of money are we talking for me to have the rocker covers chromed??
Hey lee sorry about the delay getting back to ya here there was a lot of confusion over this ad with admin etc
Unfortunately ur rocker covers are aluminium which i don't think can be chromed, least not by myself at the moment as alu isn't conductive enough for it to plate, i'm working on an 18" alloy which i'm trying to chrome too but as its a mix of all sort the result is not ideal..

I'm posting a pic of one of the good wheels and the tuner nuts i gold plated.
These aren't the light weight aluminium ones!! but the mild steel zinc coated 1's.
aluminium can be anodised and simply dyed to give the colour you want!

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
here's some little bits i did, copper plated bmx fork dropouts, there cromo steel which has impurities and not a perfect finish, the wheel nuts and plastic centre caps, because there already chrome i can strip it and gold plate over them just like the badges in my profile pic..

Attachments

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
That's savage!! give us a couple of grand and it's yours :) mad man! shame the ford badges can't be plated, would finish it off nice.

·
Holy f**k sir are we really on our roof?
1,327 Posts
Fair play to you, bout time someone over here did this! The dub/ford gays sorry guys will like this

·
Has Gotta Baby Face...
121 Posts
Story Big guy.
Best of luck with this venture.
As i said in a previous post (that i think was deleted by Admin Because it had no real Merit:disappointed:, but anyhoo) Drop into the gaff anytime your your local Aido.

Hope this lil earner picks up 4you Dude...:wave:

·
gttjohn
953 Posts
how the hell are ya majic fair play to ya its about time too somone thought of this listen if i take a spin over to ya could you look at a fuew things i want done mate i deff want my car keys don in gold plate and if possible all the car badges send me a pm of your addresse man ill drop over the weekend or after workduring next week if im not mistakin ya live over the southside i work in bluebell so not too bad thanks mate

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hey cheers John and Jonny!! :) I'm relocated to termonfeckin just outside drogheda after the job went in november! out in the sticks i know! but i have the garage now here so its cool! I plated my keys too for the laugh.. deffo meet up jon or take my mobile number and come down one of the days.. got a few calls so far, local guy with a 1930's bsa motorbike wants lots of things chromed and my old boss is giving me window frames and parts off a 1920's car that have to be nickel plated.. I'm getting excited now!! suppose once january is out of the way people start spending again!! Thanks for your support guys and i'l be looking for real prices if i do some bits for people i kno!!

·
gttjohn
953 Posts
just got a call from aiden to tell me my badges off the skyline are ready i cant wait to see them ive gotton the two gt badges the skyline letters across the back and my keys done i have to say his work is very impressive ill post up pictures when the badges are back on roll on the modifing and the summer next is the power upgrade :):):)

·
Man with Welt of Horse
370 Posts
I could probably point a few dub****s your way, boys with golfs like shiny things. So they can then proceed to make it more shiny and take pictures of it lol

Good luck with the venture, a guide price for a small range of parts of different sizes might be good, just to give people an idea :)

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Quick update: Johns GT badges and keyring and key i plated and his rear skyline badge, He'd like me to lacquer them so they will withstand aggressive cleaners like compound or brasso otherwise these would strip the plating off..
Cheers john! hope your happy with the results!
Price wise guys Its hard to put figures up as some of this stuff is pretty laborious and the cost of product is quite high..
Generally i'd like around 50 - 70 for all the badges of a car
20 wheel nuts or similar around 30 - 40 or so
window wipers front and rear about 100 etc etc..
So size wise its dear enough but as said it takes time to do, the result is fantastic and im not here to rip people, just wanna cover the price of the materials and have enough for a pint or two after! :)
Cheers guys hope that helps!
Aido 085 7749321

Attachments

1 - 20 of 20 Posts