Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive been having problems with my r34 for months now and I cant seem to get it right.
it started with misfiring and shutting off on idle. I changed all the spark plugs, and after plugging in a consult scanner found out that one of the coils were misfiring, so I changed it. misfiring stopped and engine light went off, but the car was still shutting off at idle. I figured it was the maf sensor, but scanner showed it getting the right voltage. today i got an oil change, drove around for maybe an hour and everything was all good(revs got low once on idle). five hours later i decided to try to check if anything was blocking the MAF sensor just to be sure, but when i turned on the car the engine light was on again(orange non flash) and the car wasn't reving above 2000, felt like the engine was choking hard, but i couldn't find an air leak. Any Advice would be MUCH appreciated.
98 r34 25GT(NA) RB25de NEO

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
maf sensor

soo I got it scanned again and you guys were right its on limp mode. I tried resetting the ecu but it just went back within a minute. it turned out to be the maf sensor. Problem is I live in aruba and I cant find a replacement on the island, can another sensor from maybe an r33 rb25 non neo work on neo?

·
Registered
356 Posts
If I've read the photo's on my phone correctly :-
Green maf 22680-02U00. R33 spec 1 engine
Pink maf 22680-31U0 R33 spec 2 & NEO engine
Brown maf 22680-05U00 R33 GTR engine
Orange maf 22680-30P00 300ZX

1 - 7 of 7 Posts