Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 94 R33 GTSt type M arrived from japan but has a few problems.
The car starts, will rev fine at idle but will not take throttle under load. Reaches 2500rpm and coughs and splutters. No check engine light or anything so I was thinking it might be coil packs or dodgy plugs?

The other thing is it has a greddy boost controller and boost solenoid and Apexi S-AFC. There's no power to either of these. With those turned off does the car revert to standard ecu running or not?

Hope you can help or give advice,

Alan

·
M's Factory
5,240 Posts
Intercooler piping, as per mine last night. No power coughs and lots of black smoke.

Sounds like the piping has come off. Have a look or you might have split a boost pipe.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks,
I've already checked the intercooler and boost pipework to no avail. I just started it up again but now it doesn't want to rev beyond 2500rpm from idle, no load:(

·
M's Factory
5,240 Posts
it does sound like an air leak to me.

Are the revs hunting at all, or is idle steady and all ok ?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just started it up again, idle is rock steady at 1000rpm from cold.
Once fully warmed, the idle is a bit lumpy, occasionally blipping between 4-600rpm. Though the revcounter reads pretty steady the exhaust note would suggest it wasn't idling properly at all.

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
Re the Boost controller and S-AFC...... If its a Profec 'a' or 'b' then it has no connection to the ECU at all. As far as I am aware. My 'a' doesn't.

The S-AFC (is it the one with the VFD screen?) connects to the loom of the ECU with several wires, and gets its power from there too. THere is a plug in the S-AFC's wiring which you can disconnect to stop it running. Have a look at the ECU wiring loom and you should see several wires spliced in. Follow them and see where they go.

Afraid Sarky is gonna be a lot more helps than me on the other problem.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I was thinking that the (profec b) boost controller power being off was the root of the whole problem if it's go no ability to revert back to factory ecu settings, which it doesn't look like it has. I think i'm just going to have to pull the interior apart and trace the wiring.

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
When the profec is off it should just run standard. Certainly thats how the 'a' works. B is a bit more user friendly than the 'a', and a bit simpler, but I believe the principles are the same.

Solenoid under bonnet. Hose feed from plenum and hoses feed to compressor outlet and actuator inlet. I believe.

Powered from the loom somewhere, independant of the ECU.

Again, this is based on the 'a', but I think they are similar.
Emphasis on 'think', which I am often not good at.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts