Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
formerly known as mruk
3,942 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
its not lowered so i don't think i'd need the arches rolled bigcheif... its scrubbing on the inside i'm worried about

my wheels are 9.5" wide if he meant me

·
Registered
400 Posts
you would get them on but it would drive horrible cos of the excessive amount of play in the sidewall.

id say if your not into the 'stretched' rubber across rims, use a 265 or 275, that will be ok.. (or you could run a 225 on a 9.5 like me :D )

as regards to will it fit... what offset are you wheels?? you might need to roll the arches slightly, but dependant on offset they should go on without much fuss :)

·
Bodyshop Ninja
401 Posts
Trev said:
You won't get 295's on a 9.5" alloy, you probably will need 10".
I've got 315 on the back of my 9.5j rims :D

mrUK what is the offset of your wheels? mine is +20 with 315 tyres on the back on standard suspension and it only catches the arch when going over a speed bump too fast. However i have got coilovers sitting around waiting to go on so my arches wont stand a chance when it is lowered! which is why i have some 265 tyres ready to replace the big ballooned things :dogpile:

·
formerly known as mruk
3,942 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
how is the ride on those phat things? :D Like Jason said the ride quality will be shite, but if its not too bad on 315's it should be improved on 295s

have you got spacers on to take the tyres away from the inside wall of the arch?

I'll have to find out what offest it, is it written on the inside of the alloys? :eek:

·
Bodyshop Ninja
401 Posts
Well i had 19" rims on before these and they where on 265 tyres but since changing, the ride is twice as smooth, twice as responsive and does'nt feel like it floats round corners anymore. But when i get the 265's on my 18"s im guessing i will feel the difference again. Oh and 315's are crap in the wet mate as there is that much surface area of tyre they just aquaplane everywhere!

Spacers wont take my tyre away from the arch they will push it closer, or are you on about them catching my rear struts and inside chasis? in which case it does'nt catch anything on the inside (but it is close) if it was any higher than +20 offset then it would catch the inside chasis.

Hope some of this helps mate :)

·
formerly known as mruk
3,942 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
"or are you on about them catching my rear struts and inside chasis?" - Yeah, but i couldn't think what to call that part of the car :)

aquaplaning in the wet from the rear?!? sounds dangerous!

·
Bodyshop Ninja
401 Posts
Ok maybe im exagerating a bit, lets just say im finding them having alot less traction in the wet than my last 265's. I spun them in 4th the other day in the wet which was quite scary, but in the dry they grip really well.

·
Banned
1,919 Posts
Big Cheif and i were both playing at Avon park today and he was having real traction problems with his 275's in the end we had to drop the pressures right down, i left my 255's at 30psi and was hooking up far better

·
Censored
7,453 Posts
i run 255s on 9.5" rims, i have no real traction issues (although not the same power as above). They do look stretched, but not as stretched as the 225's on the front 9.5"'s :p the 225's are great on the front imo, steering stays quite light, little tramlining, and grip is excellent.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts