Skyline Owners Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

Recently reconnected my 2 stage boost solenoid as it was disconnected for whatever... I'm pretty sur eI have all the hoses right from searching around and pics.

Anyway, the car is boosting grand at low revs to 0.5 bar and pulling grand. But once 2nd stage kicks in at around 4750rpm, the Blitz boost gauge I have reads 0.7 bar, but the car feels like the turbo is boosting and no power at all.

I have the brass restrictor in the hose between the intercooler pipe and the T-piece with actuator and lower nipple of solenoid.

Any ideas on what's wrong? Thanks.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No I haven't modified anything. The stock solenoid was disconnected, I just reconnected it to get high boost. I get high boost of 0.7, but car feels like all power is gone when I do hit 0.7, feels like no boost which is the strange part even though my Blitz gauge says 0.7.
Everything before high boost kicks in feels normal.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yeh took the resistor out and its the same both ways... Could it because it wasn't running high boost before, the ECU needs a reset to adjust?

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I have it set up now as in the pic with the restrictor where the red arrow is and its boosting 1 bar+... Anyone help me out please?

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I say its working as I do get 0.7 at high rpm but once I get it, the car feels like it hits a wall and loses all power... Maybe coil packs?

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Ah I set it up right now, got the restrictor and hoses right. But when getting into high boost, 0.7 bar, at about 4750 rpm, the car still stutters and loses power, also some small pops from the exhaust... Is this misfire? And is it the plugs or coilpacks you think? Any way to check to see which? Thanks alot!

·
Registered
4,045 Posts
Right easy check.

I take it you havent changed the coil packs or spark plugs then

take the black rb coil pack cover off under that will be the coil packs

If there black there more then likely nissian ome

blue ones are normally splitfires you can also get yellow and red ones too

To check the spark plug.

un plug and uncrew the the coil pack and take out the spark plug and your see if its ****ed

If you got this far for the sake of 35 odd quid id change them anyway easy job to do.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts