Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
817 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got these delivered (next day) and was seriously impressed by the quality.
Have seen plenty of crappy downpipes in the past, mostly for my scoobies so was relieved Japspeed lived up to their reputation. :)

The fitter said it was a perfect fit and was also greatly impressed!
Car much happier with it and spins up loads faster.

And again with their IC pipework for fitting a GTR IC onto a GTST.
Great quality, great fit and indeed no need to trim fan blades. :D

I think its easy to only post when there's a prob but credit where its due - nice job Japspeed!
Quality products - great service. :worshippy:

Couldn't recommend more highly!

Cheers guys,

Chris ~:)

·
South East Area Rep
337 Posts
I agree with you chris, I fitted elbow and d/pipe a while ago to my existing system, but fitted a japspeed decat and system yesterday and im impressed to say the least.
Sound's lovely and fitted like a treat, i've just got the intercooler to fit now.....but i dont think that's going to be much fuss either!

Quality product's at a sensible price :bigthumb: japspeed.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Chris,

what difference did the fmic make? has it increased lag. I've just fitted decat and exhaust and thinking of the fmic next. How was the install? any pics?

Grin

·
Registered
817 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hiya. No, no noticeable lag.
I took the advice of 'Honkongphoie' and fitted a standard GTR IC rather than an aftermarket bigger one, purely to avoid the lag.
The car is now much happier. Before I was losing ooomph after just a coupla minutes in this heat as the SMIC couldn't cope.
Now the car pulls maybe slightly better but more importantly... all the time without the heat soak.
The install was fiddly, hindered partly by my oil cooler being in the way and my inept ability with all things mechanical.
Took me ~ 6 hours, a lot of that taken trimming the bumper before refitting.
No, no pics but Honkongphoie has done a great write-up of this pipework, with pics in the FAQ section.

Like I said before, the Japspeed kit comes HIGHLY recommended.
Get it - you know you want to! :)
A shiny IC showing behind the front bumper is almost obligatory anyway. ;)

Cheers, Chris ~:)

·
tdi power
13,297 Posts
I have one of Pauls 100mm kits, looks top class in the bumper.

Apart from all the dead flyes on it :(

1 - 5 of 5 Posts