Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
7,919 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I dont belive this -I had a big passenger yesterday (must be 30+ stone). I was driving happily along when i heard this funny noise -I can only describe it as something flapping in the wind?! Got out -couldn't see anything obvious -apart from the front plastic bit* behind the bumber was loose (clip had come off i think). (*as you can see -im not technical when it comes to cars!!).
However, on getting back in the car, everytime i turned the car left, it scraped like mad -like something rubbing against the wheel. my car is very low anyway -but i sure its lower than normal! Im even scraping my driveway when i take the car out. :wtf:
Could having a big person in the passenger seat do this?!!! Im taking car back to garage today -bit nervous about that. Has he knackered the suspension!!?
Oh god -im going to have a set of scales on the floor in future -anyone over 20 stone can walk.
Thanks guys.

·
Wedding Photographer
3,419 Posts
Lol What was Big Chief doing in your car anyway:funny: :nono: :p

·
Registered
7,919 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Its not bloody funny!!!:bash:

·
bla
17,374 Posts
:rofl: :rofl: Tell him to walk.... Loose some of those pounds.......

·
confused.com
6,592 Posts
what you up to ? i could come round and have alooksee this afternoon?

·
Tyne/Wear/Tees Arse Rep/Gtr Shop Rep
11,412 Posts
i dont think the guy will have buggered it, think its more a bush or similar that was on its way out and with the extra lbs has given up the ghost

·
User of V-power
1,112 Posts
well im 19 stone and mines all good, although bare in mind that the car is designed to be able to carry 5 people, combined weight must be over 30 stone, even 40,

the more likly is that it had a small prob before and has now actually gone.

hope you can get it fixed

Cheers
Dazzler

·
Registered
7,919 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
True -but not 30 stone in one corner!!

·
Registered
7,178 Posts
I dont belive this -I had a big passenger yesterday (must be 30+ stone). I was driving happily along when i heard this funny noise -I can only describe it as something flapping in the wind?! Got out -couldn't see anything obvious -apart from the front plastic bit* behind the bumber was loose (clip had come off i think). (*as you can see -im not technical when it comes to cars!!).
However, on getting back in the car, everytime i turned the car left, it scraped like mad -like something rubbing against the wheel. my car is very low anyway -but i sure its lower than normal! Im even scraping my driveway when i take the car out. :wtf:
Could having a big person in the passenger seat do this?!!! Im taking car back to garage today -bit nervous about that. Has he knackered the suspension!!?
Oh god -im going to have a set of scales on the floor in future -anyone over 20 stone can walk.
Thanks guys.

Hahaha, i shouldnt laugh but it is quite funny!

What do you do for a job?

·
Registered
290 Posts
Taxi Driver for the obese?? LOL - Sorry.

Seriously though shame on you encouraging them not to walk :p

Hope you get the car sorted though fella, i know what its like though as i had two large mates in car with me and i couldnt even go round a flat roundabout without a scrape that left me wanting to drag them out the car and give them both a good shoeing with a can of slimfast

·
User of V-power
1,112 Posts
what size wheel are you running? me the and missus in mine (both quite chunky :p ) it dont scrape on anything apart from my mid box on the zorst but then that sits 4" lower than anything else on the car, also im running 17" AVS alloys, with 255/45/17 on the back and 235/45/17 on the front.

Cheers
Dazzler

·
RSP Tuned 515.7 BHP
7,041 Posts
i really shouldnt laugh but this cracks me up!
no more fatty passengers is your lesson there!

·
Belgium/Netherlands Area Rep
2,060 Posts
30 stone :eek7: ?! wtf normally a car should be able to take it but i'd never consider putting that weight on 1 spot in mine

next time rent a trailer m8 , seriously

·
Registered
7,919 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks for all your piss taking comments!! lol.
Im not a taxi driver for the obese -I actually work for social services -with teenagers in care. The guy i had in was a social worker. !
Dazzler -my tyres are 235 x 45 ZR17 rear and 225 x 45 ZR17 front.

Anyway -took the car back to WS Imports (thanks guys by the way -great job). Turns out it was a combination of new tyres, loose wheel arch trims and shock absorbers bedding in. This was obviously speeded up by the additional weight in the front left corner!
All sorted now -noise and grinding gone. In future, i will have a set of scales on the floor. Anyone over 20 stone can walk!

·
Registered
290 Posts
Lol - i truly think thats a good idea fella. LIke a toll gate although i want to be there when you tell aforementioned 30st man " Sorry Man, you just too damn heavy for my ride!"

Pleased it was a simple fix though.

·
Registered
7,178 Posts
Thanks for all your piss taking comments!! lol.
Im not a taxi driver for the obese -I actually work for social services -with teenagers in care. The guy i had in was a social worker. !
Dazzler -my tyres are 235 x 45 ZR17 rear and 225 x 45 ZR17 front.

Anyway -took the car back to WS Imports (thanks guys by the way -great job). Turns out it was a combination of new tyres, loose wheel arch trims and shock absorbers bedding in. This was obviously speeded up by the additional weight in the front left corner!
All sorted now -noise and grinding gone. In future, i will have a set of scales on the floor. Anyone over 20 stone can walk!
Or get a trailer and hope it dont pull the back of the car off when you accelerate?:dunno:

·
Registered
7,919 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Very funny -guess what?! The garage gave me a flare today! my car- and life -is now complete!! Also gave me an air con cannister in case my strange smell re-appears!

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
Shouldn't laugh...

:funny:

Sorry. Good luck getting it fixed. Hope it doesn't cost much.

I'm considering buying an Elise. If a girl can't get in then she won't be coming home. :D

·
Well i'll be jiggered!
1,498 Posts
I got 265/35/18 on the rear of mine but it's standard suspension - never scraped yet.
Glad it's sorted, and yes i'm sorry, i did have a small giggle :funny:

Cheers for now.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts