Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a thought so go easy, and it might be 'secret' so pm me if you have info please...
I couldn't help noticing having fitted a few AVC-R's and SAFC's that the 300 ZX ECU pin out is always the same as a GTS-T.
Is the 300ZX ecu compatible? and being 3.0L twin turbo is it 'mapped' for higher boost/airflow etc.?
IF it is as it seems oin for pin compatible, has anyone tried one?
Any constructive idea's?
Andy.

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Easy re-wire I think, main parameters should be the same though surely, AFR etc.?
But for more air/boost, that's what I'm thinking....as it is 3.0L

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No 'plan' I just noticed the pin-outs are mostly the same, and the connector is the same, and it crossed my mind that it may be a cheap upgrade (with a bit of fettling) as it is a 3.0L and so should be 'mapped' for the Z32 AFM and higher airflow than the GTS-T...
I know it may have different characteristics, but I already have SAFC2 and SITC to dial that out.
It's easier to justify a PFC on a manual car, however mines an auto, and 300ZX's tend to be auto's too, so may be compatible, and good for what say 350-375 bhp? before the AFM maxes, or even more, it's something like this or e-manage ultimate for me.
So I'll look around....
Andy.

·
AKA RSP
4,762 Posts
How about a RB20 ECU and a remap? Or hopfully in a month a remap of the standard R33 ECU? We can currently do R32GTR, GTS and ER34. The R33 uses a different chip which requires alot more equipment to hack :)

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Rising Sun Performance said:
How about a RB20 ECU and a remap? Or hopfully in a month a remap of the standard R33 ECU? We can currently do R32GTR, GTS and ER34. The R33 uses a different chip which requires alot more equipment to hack :)
Hi Richard I presume,?
I read a while ago you were working on mapping the OEM ecu's, and I am pleased you posted.
Because....firstly I was hopping the 300zx ecu would have enough 'map' for as much power as I am after, but also....
They ALL seem to be '1st gen' inside with a good old std. eprom holding the map, and many many 'chips' seem to be availible, and of course a std eprom programmer will sufice to re- program, ok after the 'map' is understood.

I am in a dilema with my auto as I like it, and have limited options for ecu upgrades, also 400-ish flywheel bhp is enough for me, so nothing OTT.
IF the RB20DE/T ecu is best to program I'll try to get an automatic version of one of those, I'll see how things pan out.
Please keep me/us/everyone informed of your progress with the R33 ecu, if you need tech. help in reading the 'chip' in the ecu I'm not that good! but I know people who are, it is just at the edge of what I do....
Regards,
Andy.

·
AKA RSP
4,762 Posts
Hi Andy,

The only reason I say the RB20 ecu would be better is because you would not need to play with the wiring and it uses a eprom like the older 300z`s. The only thing that would need playing with is the VVT as the RB20 doesn`t have this but thats easy to get around.

We have the equipment to live map the early ecu`s such as the R32`s, 300zx, S13 etc etc. Which would give you the same tunability as say a powerfc and no need for any addons. It you wanted to fit a Z32 its no problem, same goes with injectors.

Richard

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Richard,
I hope you are ok speaking 'out loud' rather than PM, I think it helps everyone.
I have a Q45 AFM fitted, and it is fine-great with the safc2, but I also have coming a:-
re-worked std. turbo, 740cc HKS injectors, GTR fuel pump, and I will pull the engine soon and fit 87mm wiseco's GTR rods, tomei 1.8mm h/g, and with all that the ECU will need HELP!
I am totally open to your sugestions as to what to buy and is best suited to my application, and of course I'll be buying all bits like belts, bearings gaskets ect. from you, no smoke blowing, but you were helpfull last time I did a re-build, and this time is is more 'serious' but still my daily driver...
So any advice/guidence is appreciatted.
Regards,
Andy.

·
Registered
2,804 Posts
Let me get this straight Richard. You may be able to remap the standard 33 gtst ecu soon? If so this will be awesome for auto owners that have quite a limited choice when i comes to aftermarket ecu's.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
I would think that being a V instead of a straight 6, the 300ZX ECU will expect a 60deg timing delay on cylinder bank 2, so would not work on an RB.

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
NISFAN said:
I would think that being a V instead of a straight 6, the 300ZX ECU will expect a 60deg timing delay on cylinder bank 2, so would not work on an RB.
D'oh,
Yes you are completely correct, I guess I'll be after an early R32 RB20det automatic ecu then....
I still like the principle even if I was wrong.
Thanks,
Andy.

·
Allkiller No Filler
1,253 Posts
Just a thought,
but could nt you fit a full manual valve body to the Auto box and run a manual ECU for tuning ?
Auto box can then shift as if it was a manual, but with full throttle changes.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts