Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone ever owned one of these/ any experience with one, my mate is thinking of one as his first performance car, any thoughts appreciated,

cheers

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
For a first performance car why not an s14 200sx?
I know, he wouldnt listen to me when i suggested it.

He wants a yank tank in a couple of years with some experience and some NCB's, so wants something that is in the "muscle" group for japanese cars if that makes sence, so a 300zx or GTO

·
bla
17,374 Posts
Dont bother with a GTO ...

Had one and there not great... Very quick in a straight line.. Thats about it.... They cost £45k when new though.. Amount of technology is crazy

·
#Team Morris - FULLY F**KED
1,978 Posts
i had a short wheel base twin turbo manual 300zx. supposed to be the one to have, i sold an s13 to get it and i can honestly say the 1.8 s13 (with a hybrid turbo and a few other bits) was quicker. in fact as me and my mate drove the s13 to its new owner i couldn't keep up. i knew i'd made a mistake there and then. over rated, lardy , thirsty tubs. bottom of the nissan peformance food chain if you ask me!!

·
Everybody knows that the bird is the word
9,198 Posts
GTO - Its made by Mitsi, that should be a big enough sign to stay away! Plus they are as heavy as some boats (and handle the same)

300ZX - I have heard they are not overly reliable and a prick to work on due to no space in the engine bay. I think the rule of thumb is - if you drop a tool in the engine bay, you will never see it again.

Japanese muscle - GTR, or even Supra

·
Registered
501 Posts
as above 300 a ***** to work on n yuell need to lol gto very pretty wanted 1 myself but have used a few there big bag s of shite lol just get a n/a skyline

·
Registered
4,045 Posts
See i had a mkIII and i gotta say it is a very underestimated car today although the head gaskets are a issue i rebuilt mine twice and i think after 4 years the new owners informed me it let go again. I just like the 300zx there was a guy across the road from me that had a tt one it was in almost showroom condition, something like a genuine 30000km on the clock. I went in it and it has been one of the best cars i've been in. It pulled hard it handled ok not great but ok and the ride was really nice. Only thing i was not to keen on was the engine looks so hard to work on. Saying that though if is only got 30000km on the clock would you expect anything less???

The 300zx is a car i would like to buy but thats just me

T

·
0 Posts
Each of the cars mentioned are legendary in their respective ways.

When it comes down to it, I believe I would buy the z32 for myself and judge if I liked it or not.

Same as the MKIII Supe. I have driven all 3 of the cars and the one that really stood out was the MA70 my neighbour had. He had a refurbished CT26 and a small fmic and metal charge pipes. The thing was awesome all through the rev range!

If I could I would have one.

·
RB25DET Series II
1,066 Posts
i was thinking on a few cars myself before the purchase of my Skyline:

300zx - when i was at the shop there was a TT engine from a 300zx on the ground. It had looked as if someone litterly kicked it down a hill.....looked like nothing but a big chunk of metal all mashed up. Lines everywhere, you name it! so this was ruled out in my choice...No 300zx for me!

RX7 - Rotary motors for some reason dont take well to me, once they get broken....new engine is needed really!

Supra - Still love these baddasses....2JZ for me if i get rid of my skyline!!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts