Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Had a early start Saturday morning , flew up to Edinburgh and the missus bought herself a a Manual Skyline 350GT to replace her RX8

20IN Rims , also having leather fitted , so its a flight back upon the 29th to pick it up

Mind you that Gay merc grille is first thing to go and also ordering a standard factory spoiler for it as well as clear front indicators

buy everything from States as much cheaper

here she is

·
hippy
7,682 Posts
i love that a lot,thats mean as hell on the rims,must say i think it looks beter with no spoiler
sccchmooove

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
nice 20 in rims

replacing grille with one of these

fitting this spoiler

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i love that a lot,thats mean as hell on the rims,must say i think it looks beter with no spoiler
sccchmooove
not sure , will live with it a bit

the car is as new and still had the blue protect film on the door step sills to protect the shiny Skyline finisher

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
here is my Skyline , she been borrowing it for last 3 weeks leaving me borrowing the works van while we sourced this car , jeez its killing me ... PMSL

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
wow that is a beaut, i was behind one last week and they look amazing, good luck when do i get a drive ;)

PMSL , I GET TO DRIVE HER CAR HOME !!! 7 hrs or so from Edinburgh ,

that will teach her not wanting to fly back up and drive home, lazy bint .

i drive it before she does :drivin:

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
lol my mrs has just seen it......"OH thats nice ill have one of those" she pipes up.......:D

Auto /tip one is great drive too , but we hung out for 6 spd manual

£12 - 16k will get you a good Auto ,

3x Auctions 44000 cars later in Tokyo with a buyer out there and i end up buying a just landed fresh import grade 4.5 Manual in Edinburgh ,

found him by chance , has quite a few up there ,

with the extras and the leather going in the car started off at £17k but she came home £19100 lighter ,

but tbh the car is as new and rare as fook ...

295bhp from the manual 5.9secs to 60

·
Seasoned member
4,785 Posts
lol my mrs has just seen it......"OH thats nice ill have one of those" she pipes up.......:D

well treat her to one Keith ;)

i like the look without the rear spoiler imo:D

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
very nice - wish my bint liked skylines - she just whinges about the noise whilst in the car so I drive faster so I cant hear her. Looks a very clean car - good buy! BTW what wheels are those on your GTS-t as they look tasy!

yeah mine moans too , But scares me witless in mine while shes driving arse end out telling me to shut up in the passenger seat as shes having fun .. pmsl

GT Culture rims 8.5in for a GTS with 225/40 all round , you can't get them now in 9.5 for the GTR ,

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
really you reckon no spoiler ?

the standard one looks great , got to see both while up looking at car ,

mmh perhaps live without for a few weeks then decide .

that gay merc grille just has to go ,

I reckon that is the weak link why people don't like them , simple just change it ,

oh and had the its not a skyline ... wtf

its 1 sec slower and 6bhp less than a "factory standard" R33 GTR , Ok it has no turbo and no 4WD but hey with performance like that i think it has earnt the badge ,

design and shape move on just because it don't look like a 32 or 33 don't mean its not one ,

just gets put in the oh its a 350z catagory , which i feel is a real shame , whack a turbo or supercharger on and you are upto 400bhp ( anymore and engine needs internal work )

with it being released here next year as the Infinitii G37 Coupe (£35k) i thought this was a great buy and really rare car at moment

·
Seasoned Member
1,789 Posts
good luck with the 350gt had mine for 18 mths now and just had it boosted.
If you are at the Pod on the 6th or 7th look me up as i have loads of contacts for AM parts you might want.
BTW use the original Gialla front grill as the copy ones dont fit right.
Here is mine,

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
thanks for the great feedback guys , if anyone was going to slate it i thought other skyline guys would ,

Just goes to show , we appreciate many many cars

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
good luck with the 350gt had mine for 18 mths now and just had it boosted.
If you are at the Pod on the 6th or 7th look me up as i have loads of contacts for AM parts you might want.
BTW use the original Gialla front grill as the copy ones dont fit right.
Here is mine,

i'm at Japshow on 7th ( might be taking this as shes on hols out with inlaws)

I'll be on AutoBmc stand though prob down back near drift arena

Cool any help etc or where to get bits especially the grille would be greatly appreciated

Can you pm me and we'll exchange email addresses

1 - 20 of 24 Posts