Skyline Owners Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone out there got the skyline name panel that sits on the boot lid of a 4 door r33 kicking around? I would like to have a go a converting one to light up with leds but i haven`t had a good look at one yet.

·
confused.com
6,592 Posts
clear rear panel on 4 door

hello mate you mean the spec one? i have a spec one clear panel, so you could have ago at that ..only thing is its on me car. the lock barrel goes through it so not as easy to take off as the coupes

·
Registered
4,730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi hesh, If its not too much of a pain to remove it i would love to know how much room there is behind the panel to allow for the leds /wiring etc.

you wouldnt happen to be going to the Japshow by any chance this coming weekend?

·
Registered
5,311 Posts
I see what you mean, I have see one with a clear panel on it with chrome letters before. Does that whole panel come off ?
Mines a series2 and its attached to the boot.

·
confused.com
6,592 Posts
ive tried to remove it ...cos i was gonna put my fog light in there( which was my plan withthe coupe) however the boot lock is the difficulty. id say its on a par width wise withthe coupe one ....youve mebbe 25mm to paly with ...say 200 so be on the save side ....but the hwole panel is clear ....the letters are raised/embossed and musthave been silver orginally. (mines worn off) so lighting it like thother panel ....you may not get the same effect.

it screws direct to the boot lid

·
Registered
4,730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the info hesh, I would say if there is 25mm behind it and it is clear in the same way as the 2 doors are there is a very good chance that the same standard of finish can be achived. I would think it could be finished in the same sort of styles as well, carbon ,painted and clear.

I would like to get my hands on one just to see if it can be done ,but i would like to have a good look at how it fits to the car before having a go with one off someones pride and joy.

If you know of anyone that has a spare one knocking around i would be happy to buy it from them.

·
confused.com
6,592 Posts
you got pm mate

1 - 10 of 10 Posts