Skyline Owners Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have some nissan 4 pot calipers they look the same fitting as an r33 gtst and the same size but there made of steel/iron,i haven't measured precisely just placed them side by side ,any idea what there off,thanks john

·
Administrator
25,983 Posts
pics?

·
Administrator
25,983 Posts
nah im sure they were alloy or it may be 300 zx ones?

·
Registered
6,068 Posts
They are 94- 01 S14 200SX, or late model Z32 (less likely as sales went down dramatically after 94 when the Z32 went over to the cheaper iron calipers)

They are for a 280mm x 30mm disc

·
Premium Member
1,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks,they have the same pads as gtst ones,so there not much use beats me why they would put heavy calipers on a silvia,suppose i could upgrade the patrol with them

·
Registered
6,068 Posts
Purely down to price.

S14 was a cheaper car than the Skylines, Z32 etc., but needed better brakes than the S13 which had the most awful front brakes ever and got sorely criticised for them. The 280mm discs on the facelift S13 models were an attempt to rectify things, but at only 22mm thick still tended to overheat and lead to brake fade...

On the Z32, once sales started falling (look up the yearly sales on Wikipedia) it also became a cost-cutting exercise, hence Iron calipers on 94 on models.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.