Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 601 Posts

·
Registered
11,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
#4 - R32 GTR full rebuild :D

So had this in line for a few months... Basically bought a project off a friend nearby... Couldn't let it leave the northwest tbh! i reckon alot of you will have seen it for sale on here and gtroc and the work he'd done restoring EVERYTHING underneath! So in short the hard work is done for me.. I've got the fun bit... Engine build lol!
So in short never really done one before so all advice welcome. A big part of me is tempted to get it assembled at a workshop near me.

Parts wise I've gone for..

87mm mahle pistons
Manley con rods
Arp head studs
Tomei 1.5mm head gasket
Recond cylinder head.. Possibly some cams but need to see tbh
N1 oil pump
6 boost manifold
Garrett dual BB GT3582R turbo
OS Giken twin plate clutch

So most of those things are ordered and can begin shortly getting started.
Got a few jobs to get sorted tho.. Crank balance to name one.. Rebore block and deck.. Cyl head checkover.

Anyway some pics of pistons and turbo to get started...

Attachments

·
Registered
11,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Still got my oil lines and things from my previous gt3076r build so they'll make sorting this a bit easier

Attachments

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
Looking forward to following your progress as I have had the twin of your turbo for a few years now and still not done anything with it.

·
Registered
11,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey chaps cheers

Rpm wise standard to start with.. Looking at the flow chart i don't think I'll get much more higher up tbh.. Then you get issues with other parts and wotnot such as front diff calling it a day and possibly damage at bottom.. Plan is to keep it oem rpm range.. Its ball bearing turbo so will be responsive and that's somethin i always chase with my cars as they are always dailies im not a track monkey.

Yeah hopefully it'll go well. N2o is also something im considering but have to see.. Depends what bottom end can take really... A 100bhp shot would be pretty kickass on top of this turbo making 500+

What's the twin of this turbo then?

I had the gt3076r in my 33gtst and that flew. It was like driving a cartoon.

·
Seasoned Member
9,057 Posts
I'm looking forward to seeing this develop, I have some concerns about what your trying to achieve but will see how this pans out, it's exciting for us :)

·
Registered
11,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Cheers niz. As i say im still in couple o minds.. Part of me wants to assemble block as i never done it and want to Learn and nothing is gonna make me wanna ace it like a full gtr block build! I've spent money on bits i might not need like rods in your eyes but i wanna be safe. If the oem rods are fine they'll suit someone doing an rb25 build perfectly :)

So.. Few more pics.. Basic car as it stands.. Bits everywhere.. That'll change soon

Attachments

·
Seasoned Member
9,057 Posts
Mate you're a smart bloke, why not have a crack yourself.......... just get the tools and go other the engine workshop manual, there are plenty of publications on engine blueprinting and building you can read.

·
Registered
11,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well things like crank balance and boring the block i really need the machine shop near me to do but after that it should be a case of just fitting and torquing and measuring things in thousandths lol! I know there's more to it than that but like you say im fairly good with reading manuals.. Its pretty much my job lol!
Is there any guides i can download specifically for gtr too maybe?

·
Seasoned Member
9,057 Posts
Its pretty much my job lol!
Is there any guides i can download specifically for gtr too maybe?
Have you got the Nissan workshop manual it covers RB 20/25/26 engines completely?

http://www.carcraft.com/howto/869/

http://www.manleyperformance.com/dl/2009/engine_building.pdf

http://www.carcraft.com/howto/116_0301_budget_engine_build/viewall.html

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Engine-Builders-Handbook-HP1245-Monroe/dp/1557882452

^^ see if there is an eBook version.

HTH

1 - 20 of 601 Posts