Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive always thought that my car didn`t handle like the great skyline id heard so much about and since i took the wheels off for painting & disconnected the battery with the wheels turned & its been even worse. Going over bumps at speed really was pant browning time & the car always seemed to oversteer in 1 direction & not the other.
So today i finally took the car to a garage & got me some computer alignment.
Both front wheels were out & the o/s rear was so far out the guy thought id had a crash. The result being it needed to be adjusted by 6mm. Obviously theres a technical way of explaining it but he took 1 look & must have decided i wouldn`t get it. Hes probably right :(

Anyway £65 very well spent. The car is on rails & is just how i always thought it should be :D

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yellow pages i`d guess. I went to a company called STS wheel alignment services in Bedford.

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Its made loads of difference. Got the results sheet infront of me. You wanna have a look?

·
Free icecream
2,112 Posts
So I take it you should get a results sheet saying how it was and what they've changed?? That's good cos I thought how do you know they've actually done anything. Sorry bout that, had too many stunts pulled (not that anyone on here would do such a thing I know).

You're such a long way away Richard :(

·
Hello, little lady!
556 Posts
I want mine done please!

J.

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeh you get a print out with before & after. All gobblydegook to me. Watched him adjust it all & its definately better than it was. Havent got a scanner so i`ll type up the results later.

·
Steve-O
186 Posts
I recently had mine done/checked, but they didnt haver the setting so I had to hunt around for bloomin ages to find the right ones.
So if anybodys interested, I can post them up here, once Ive dug them out.
They will be for a R33 GTSt, so not sure if they are the same for any others.
After finding the settings etc, my wheels were aligned after all, so it didnt cost me anything, luckily... ;)

·
Registered
28 Posts
4-Wheel Laser Alignment

Wheel Alignment is critically important for correct handling and body control.

I well recommend ELITE near London (actually Essex) Just off A13. Surf to "http://www.elite-design.co.uk/".

These guys have a computerised 4-Wheel Laser Alignment setup and know all the settings for the Skyline. The improvement is not just in handling but also significantly reduced tyre wear.

Its very critical to get the alignment done if your car is a Japanese import (which I guess means most people on here) since when the cars are loaded and unloaded of the boats from Japan the alignment settings often get messed up. Also if you curb the wheel the settings can get out of alignment. 4-Wheel alignment should be done at least once per year in my opinion. You'll really _feel_ the difference.

Don't forget too that alignment should ALWAYS be done if you change the springs or shock absorbers too as this will always put the toe/castor/camber angles out of true when the new gear is fitted.

Cheers,

Trevor

1 - 14 of 14 Posts