Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
AFTERNOON PEOPLE,
i have a question about a recent upgrade quote i have had.
i have asked for 400+ bhp on my r32 gtr and i had asked for boost cont etc and remap and i have been told i can have a remap if i have a power fc commander which i dont. all so when i spoke to other firms i have been told to have boost cont etc and remap with no mention of needing to get a power fc.
so do i need one or not is the question i would ask the guys myself but they are closed and i want more opinions / facts from you guys.
i was under the impression i only need a power fc if i want to go to 500+ bhp.:dunno:

·
Registered
5,036 Posts
RSP can do you 400bhp with there ECU upgrade ( either car specific or generic ) and no need for a power fc !!

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yep

Thats exactly what i thought and thats what i have been told but not by the place ive tried its possible we ahve are wires crossed with something but wont find out till i speak to them

·
tdi power
13,297 Posts
rsp can map all skyline ecu's afaik :) even the 33 gtst one like mine.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
To make 400 we would fit a boost controler and remap your standard ecu. Obviously I assume you already have induction, exhaust etc.

Richard
Thanks for your reply and yes it has all relevent parts for the increase in power, just dont understand why the power fc is needed.
is it possible that if the tuneing goes beyond 400bhp it is then better to fit the fc's?
if this is a possibility i do want to increase the power again next year to no more than 500ish so would get the fc anyway, just didnt plan on getting one just yet.
:confused:

·
Administrator
25,962 Posts
your standard ecu should be good for 700bhp as its the afms that will cause the problems due to standard ecus running them and no option to use map sensor :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts