Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can anyone give me some info on my r33 40th anniversary skyline? ive been told its very rare and asked how i got it 2nd hand as they were under contract not to be resold. i love her no mater what but any further info on this one would be great. so may things are diffrent to any other one ive noticed that maybe its true she is diffrent. Thanks for your help white storm.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
420bhp standard diffrent front end low round indicators 5zigan wheels and exaust seals with 40th logo wheels made for that model only any idears?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i was talking to a japanes guy who told me about it he said it cost more than a top of the range ferrari when releast and only sold in japan i wii post pictures asap.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
thanks eddie had a little look almost like the le mans race car but not quite good site tho. good night been up since 4am need sleep now post u pics soon.Jackie

·
"A Skyline with 4 doors?"
380 Posts
The info you're describing is a 400R. The limited availablity, hp, etc match. But there are some important things that you need to let us know to figure out what car you have. First, check the car's ID tag on the firewall and let us know the first part of body type (such as BNR33-...) and the engine type (such as RB26DETT).
That info tells you exactly the car you have. For example, if you have the 400R it has a special ID plate and the engine type will say RBX-GT2. Second, let us know if it's a 2 dr or 4 dr. If it is a 4Dr with the BNR33-..., then you have the Autech model Eddie mentioned, also if it's a 4 dr, unfortunately you won't have the rare 400R.

·
Registered
8 Posts
What's a firewall?

Hi guys,

Sorry to butt in on the conversation but I also have a 40th Anniversary model and am trying to figure out the specs etc. I've never been into cars so I'm on a bit of a learning curve here. Bought a 1998 R33GTS-t coupe last week and have fallen instantly in love. Just need to figure out what I've actually got. If you can tell me what a firwall is :confused: and where to find it I may be able to add something useful to the converation.

·
Ex Skylineowner
3,444 Posts
I wouldn't worry about it, theres been a 3 1/2 year pause.
:funny:

Firewall is what separates the cabin from the engine bay, there will be a plate with all the cars codes on it. Have you posted any pics of this 40th anniversary edition you have yet mx_pwr?

·
Registered
8 Posts
no pics yet but I'm working on it. I'll have some up soon. It's 10.00pm here at the moment so cant see much outside right now. I'll check the "Firewall" in the morning and get back to you. Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
220 Posts
So I've been offered a 40th anniversary edition now, for 14750 euro (10 grand) with brand new tires and a 3 month warranty on engine/gearbox.
Just imported from japan a month ago or so.
It's got 47000 km on the clock (29000 miles).
Looks decent inside and out the only thing is a small spec (1-2 mm in size) on the front bumper at the bottom. Not sure if that was just some stubborn dirt or something else.

All papers are available (auction sheets/service/etc). And they seemed alright too. Couldn't see any weldspots or anything when I checked it but that check might have gone a bit too fast.

I don't know much about whats been done to the car since the guy that knows this stuff is in Japan right now. I know theres an Apexi FC hanging about already ;).

Now to my questions, 10 grand for this car is reasonable? What do you guys think?

Also, does anybody know any specs on it? The only thing I can find is that they released a 4 door 40th anniversary skyline. I can't find any specs on it or a 2 door version.

"The R33 ceased production in March 1998 with the 40th Anniversary R33 SII."
"To celebrate their 40th anniversary, Nissan introduced a very rare 4 door GT-R. Two versions of the 4-door GT-R were avaiable from Nissan's subsidiaries: the first was produced by Autech, and the second was a joint Autech/Nismo project."

I've also attached a crappy photo for anybody to view :)

1 - 20 of 26 Posts