Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
if its not jap its scrap
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi agen what kind of money would i have to spend to get 450bhp out of myr33gtst i had a r32 gtst that was just under 400bhp and im realy missing the power when i had the r32 no one wanted aske me to race(never would do as theres a time and a place to do that)but now there all wreaking my head with there 200sx evos saying they would ate me im not a boyracer but at the end of the day id just like 2 have me power back in me 33 didnt have to shell out on me r32 as was all done in japan so hope us can help me with a figure so i can get colecting parts bit by bit :swear: :swear: :swear:

·
Belgium/Netherlands Area Rep
2,060 Posts
its costly, like an arm and a leg :D
dunno m8 theres expensive and very expensive stuff you could use to get 450horses, depends on what brands you go for and where you shop
it will take you thousands of €

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
You will be looking at thefollowing I'd say at least, AFM, Apexi Power Fc, Bigger injectors, Fuel pump, a new turbo or hybrid (steel internals stock) turbo, large FMIC.... Then you would be looking at decent suspension, bigger brakes (Gtr brembo swap) etc

I would say at least 2-3 Grand just for the bits......

Theres a few people on here that will be able to tell you down to the pound, as they have that sort of power under the hood, the lucky bar stewards.

·
if its not jap its scrap
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
cheers lads for the replys.i have a bit of a start as i have d2 coilover a r32gtr clutch hicas lock out bar i have my intercooler orderd+screamer pipe,just waiting on my hks pullies +timing belth going to get my std turbo rebilt i have a full apexi exhaust and turbo timer,ging to do all the work me self apart from the turbo rebild.so ill start geting the other bits bit by bit cheers agen lads

·
Track addict
4,907 Posts
Well.. I am hoping for mine to be about 430-450 when its mapped up, this is what i have done. Full engine rebuild consisting of...
87mm wiseco forged pistons
New oem con rod studs and bolts
New oem oil pump
New oem water pump
Trust 1.6mm metal head gasket
Tomei pon cams 256 deg 8.5mm lift in/ex
Ported head
Greddy kevlar timing belt
New tensioner and idler wheels
New valve stem oil seals
Nismo 740cc injectors
Nismo fuel pump
Nismo thermostat
Tomei fuel pressure regulator
Renew all bearings and gaskets
HKS 2835 turbo kit
Greddy clear cam cover
Q45 afm
Mocal 19row oil cooler
Apexi power fc
Greddy profec boost controller

Drivetrain wise its std apart from an os giken twin plate clutch.

Brakes have been mildly upgraded with r32 gtr discs which have been drilled, Red stuff pads, Nismo braided hoses and race spec brake fluid (castrol).

It already had coilovers fitted, front and rear strut braces a fmic and full turbo back exhaust.

All work has been done by me and a work colleague except the rebore and hone. So labour was free. Parts wise if you look about and research then it need not cost an arm and a leg. I have spent Roughly £4k Which for the above spec is good going imo.

Sorry for the long post, and sort of hi jack, but i wanted to show the spec and costings involved.

Also bear in mind that a bottom end rebuild may not be nessesary, but i had oil breather problems, due to broken ringlands, so had no choice really.

·
Premium Member
23,136 Posts
You do not need a full rebuild for 400-450hp ;)

What I would do is this:
Turbo upgrade
550cc injectors
Walbro 255 fuel pump
Turbo Elbow
Downpipe
Full de-cat system
Power FC
Boost Controller
Pon Cams
S/S Head gasket
FMIC
Methanol Injection
Possibly a Greddy plenum
Damn good remap!

Of course this will only achieve power, I strongly suggest you uprate brakes etc but it's not mandatory. :)

·
if its not jap its scrap
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
nice one that realy gives me a starting point have the car coming off the road in the next few weeks its a good car to start on only have it in 3mounts now and i cant wait to get stuck in to it now douth ill be calling on you guys for your imput will a rb26 gtr crank fit or will this be major work as i now whare theres one going for 300euro

·
if its not jap its scrap
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
nice one ill be haveing that off my mate then realy like the pic of your car mate in your profile northy realy nice kit and that bonnet sweet

·
if its not jap its scrap
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
i have 3 t3/t4 turbos from my r32 in the garage me think im going to get them rebuilt think ill put one on the rb25 had a xspower t3/t4 header on my r32 they were on it when i imported it worked grate up to when sold what would yous think or what woul be the best headder to buy

·
Registered
14 Posts
Crank wont last long if its driven hard.
i was talking to indigo-gt and the said the gtst crank is good for anywhere between 650-750 bhp as im looking to rebuild gtst to around 550bhp

but im gonna use the gtr crank rods and pistons instead

1 - 20 of 24 Posts