Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello there im not really that clued up on the skyline engine as yet, but i have bought a r33 gtst rb25det skyline and it has rolling road printout for 472bhp i was just wondering how hard is it to get this power all i can see is it having is a hks turbo running one bar. it does feel fast but im not sure about that bhp.

also what boost can my engine take if it is standard ???

thanks, matty

·
wanabee 200mph club
571 Posts
im not to clued up on the gts but ma gtr has had a lot of internal work done and only has 396bhp but then i am running 4wd and 1.0bar boost:cya: :)

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i thought that thats what made me wonder how easy it would be to obtain that power. what boost could i run on standard engine tih hks turbo

K

·
0 Posts
well maybe if its a HUGE HKS turbo, id have said just a turbo 1bar, not anywhere near 476bhp.

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
1 bar

hi mate just got mine back today, its on 1 bar of boost producing 398 bhp.
im gonna post the read out tomorrow , and mine goes like ****#

****:cheers:

·
Registered
164 Posts
Matty - Where abouts are you from? If you're anywhere near Somerset (TA19 9DU) we can run the car on our 1,200bhp Dyno Dynamics rolling road to check everything out (boost, fuel, torque, power etc etc) as well as get about the most accurate power reading available short of removing the engine and bolting it to a very good engine dyno. We'll be able to examine a graph plotting the boost pressure throughout the rev range as well as the air-fuel ratio, plus give you power at the wheels and calculated flywheel power and torque. Drop me a PM if you would like to book in to do so :)

·
Track addict
4,907 Posts
hi mate just got mine back today, its on 1 bar of boost producing 398 bhp.
im gonna post the read out tomorrow , and mine goes like ****#

****:cheers:
What turbo have you got shed?
Trying to get an idea of what mines gonna be like when mapped.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Matty - Where abouts are you from? If you're anywhere near Somerset (TA19 9DU) we can run the car on our 1,200bhp Dyno Dynamics rolling road to check everything out (boost, fuel, torque, power etc etc) as well as get about the most accurate power reading available short of removing the engine and bolting it to a very good engine dyno. We'll be able to examine a graph plotting the boost pressure throughout the rev range as well as the air-fuel ratio, plus give you power at the wheels and calculated flywheel power and torque. Drop me a PM if you would like to book in to do so :)
i live in the north east (middlesbrough) its not runing right at the moment gunna have a closer look 2moro. thanks tho

·
Registered
164 Posts
Road trip! :dogpile: No worries, good luck sorting it out and getting a true power figure for it, these things can often be hard to gauge.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
road trip is then lol

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
turbo

What turbo have you got shed?
Trying to get an idea of what mines gonna be like when mapped.
hi chris just come back from santa ,ace day out, im on a hybrid turbo with hks pro ecu, its fab
shed

1 - 12 of 12 Posts