Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i've got an r33 gtst and i've been noticing a few times now that sometimes when i change from 4th to 5th i get a bit of hesitation in the gear stick and a kind of crruuuncccchh, has anbyone else had this problem? reckon its worth me changing the box oil? weird as it only does it sometimes and only from 4th to 5th, i'm making sure i depress the clutch fully when i change but this doesnt seem to make any difference, many thanks

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
does it do it intermittently or most of the time? i hope its not time for a rebuild! i've only been driving it 2 weeks!

·
bla
17,374 Posts
Its the gearbox oil..
Theres a few thread on this and it was advised to use redline stuff......

I had a crunch from 1st to 2nd, changed gearbox oil and it was still there just not as bad, then changed it again and it disappeared for a while... Its back now, but i think i have a tiny leak?? Might be worth checking if you have a slight leak? Got to have it checked over but changing the oil should get rid of it :)

·
bla
17,374 Posts
Not sure on the price but Oilman at opie oils sell it :)

·
Premium Member
23,136 Posts
Will cost about £100 to fill your box with Redline :)

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ohhh! why did i spend that money today getting my new blitz exhaust fitted!! just have to drive sensibly and wait til monday!

·
Premium Member
23,136 Posts
Yes, but that would alter the properties of the original lube. In the case of heavy shockproof that'd be counter-productive :)

·
bla
17,374 Posts
Wheres my post gone???

I asked wether you could dilute and mix oils.

Yes but say if you do 7 part redline to 3 norm then it would still have the same effect???

·
Premium Member
23,136 Posts
It says you deleted your own post.

:shakehead:

·
Premium Member
23,136 Posts
I'm sure the minute you mix any oil with another you change the properties.

·
Premium Member
23,136 Posts
I've re-instated the post you foolishly deleted yourself :spank:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts