Skyline Owners Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ive put a rb25det into my 200sx for drifting and love it so thought id go one better make another toy, so this time ive put an rb25det in running 4x4 .
it all seemed quite straight forward untill i came to wire the gearbox up, the active torque blarr blarr fancy power shifting front wheel drive thingy works on g sensors and abs etc... i was wondering if i can do away with this and put one of those aftermarket bias adjusters in (do i need the system inplace for these) or if someone had a wiring diagram .

i feel like ive only got a few options

1. weld the clutch up in the box to have full 4x4 50%front 50%rear
2. try wire up a swich on the dash to have either 2 or 4 wheel drive
3. run a full skyline loom in a have a factory system inplace

any advice would be great if anyones messed around with them before because im off to the nurburgring in it in march lol

:dunno:

·
NBOOST
3,309 Posts
How hard is it to get all the running gear on. I've been thinking of converting my GTS-T. Is there any body mods needed for gearbox clearance or does it all fit straight on? I'm sure I've read somewhere that the transfer box doesn't fit into the GTS-T floorpan so I assume the 200s will have the same problem.

http://www.nicoclub.com/FSM/rb/R32_GTR_Service_Manual.pdf
Wiring diagrams are right at the end

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
im only in wakefield if your at barnsley you'll have to pop round when its finished and have a look

·
NBOOST
3,309 Posts
Will do. Are you the guy at the side of that pub near Lupset?

I've had a look at the wiring diagrams and it looks like a hell of alot of work to get the electronics side of things functioning. Then the expense of the components on top.
Thats just for and R32 system I would guess that an R33 system will be even more work.

If it's simple enough to get the running gear on I think I'd go for option 1 and weld the clutch packs up in the transfer box and run full time AWD

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yeah but moved up from the side of the pub now lol im just 2 mile up the road now got a big garage with all the ramps in etc.. just sorting the mot bay out aswell

1 - 5 of 5 Posts