Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering how often the oil of the 5 speed auto has to be changed?
Is there any other maintenance is required?

Asking as I don't have the English manual for my 2007 250GT , and planning an oil change and thought what else must be done . Car has done 65000KM.

Thanks

·
Registered
374 Posts
Nissan say no need to replace, you can replace whenever you want, have heard some horror stories about boxes after oil been replaced so make sure you do your research if your going to do it yourself

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I managed to find the Japanese service schedule for the car and used google translate.
There it mentions Auto transmission and differential oil to be changed every 60,000 KMs.

I checked the auto fluid and it was dark pink , and rub it on a paper towel, it turned clear without any residue or brown color . The car has done 65,000KMs . Is this the right way to check the condition of transmission fluid ?

How often others replace it ? I wouldn't attempt replacing it myself nor will flush it. Just want to know if it should be done per user manual or its conditional basis ?

Thanks

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well dealer mentioned to change it regardless of mileage due to the age , when I checked the oil on dipstick the color was close to red, wiped it on a paper towel and eventually dried to almost a clear color without any dark residue. Didn't smell anything abnormal , certainly much milder than engine oil.
The level was where it should be ( checked with cool engine )

My common sense tells me it is okay, but want to know some owners opinion .

1 - 5 of 5 Posts